Is there a way to keep the boost solenoid disconnected without getting code 31?

Maltman

I just installed the rjc bstc and I get the ses light coding 31....obviously, it is because I do not have a solenoid in the car anymore....but is there a way to "by-pass" this solenoid so I don't have to have it sitting on the manifold for nothing other than to shut the light up?

Try a 100 ohm 2 watt resistor accross the two wires, use a matching socket and leave it plugged into the stock wiring.

Should simulate the solenoid just fine.

Great....I'm guessing I can probably find that at the local Radio Shack....thanks for the info salvage!

You can. But a lot of people want to clean up the engine bay, install aftermarket heads and valve covers, and the stock bolts don't work. It's an oddball bolt that has a stud on the top to mount the solenoid.

The code 31 won't enter a default operation, just turn on the light. But to keep it off, you need to load the connector either with a dead-end plug or the solenoid.

Or you can write the code out of the chip.

-John Spina

Mine has been disconnected since I bought the car, and Ive never had a light or a code for it. This is the first Ive heard of this. I've always just ran an air pressure regulator, which just happens to be maxed out.