Is this a bad head gasket???

TTA197

My coolant recovery tank is sometimes is wet around the cap (several drops). Coolant level never has changed and there is no white smoke at the tailpipes, oil is clean also. I notice this only when the car is driven aggressively:D . Is this the start of bad head gasket???

uhhhhhhhhh yeah i have that same exact problem...it seems like coolant leaks outta my cap and onto the overflow bottle (a few drops though)...how weird...i hope i don't have bad headgaskets? (although i wouldn't doubt it because i have been stupid with my car far too many times)

Could be as simple as a bad radiator cap.

Might mosey on down to your local garage and see if they'll throw your rad cap on their tester. Also, take a look at the rubber gaskets on the cap. If their beat, you might just wanna try throwing a cap at it

Or even simpler, a bad or leaky gasket on the recovery tank. The gasket flange on top of my tank is missing a sizable chunk and I have little messes on top the tank when runnning hard. Just spill over.

When the engine is cold, there should barely be any fluid in the tank. If its half full cold, you have too much in there

Part numbers?

Thanks for the replys. I do know that the overflow cap does not screw on properly (always loose), so I might have to try to buy new cap for the overflow bottle and also a new radiator cap won't hurt. Do you guys have any part numbers for both caps. Thanks, Nicholas.