Is this a BRF valve body

oddiesGN

I have a valve body that looks to have been all cleaned up, rebuilt and oiled and all the paint markings have been rubbed off. With the casting numbers can I find out if it is a BRF or not. I tried looking at other threads for the answer, but nothing about the casting numbers only the painted ones on the side.
Also I need to match the governor and need help with the numbers on it too.

Numbers from top to bottom of valve body
AS
4204*D-12
-94-

Numbers on governor

Non springed lever: A 1
Springed lever: C2
No gear is on governor

There are some numbers stamped on some round internal parts that I can see from the side from left to right

G

From these numbers alone can it be known what this is for sure or do I just hope it is. If its not can it be rebuilt to work as if its a BRF or not.

Thanks.

I have a BR valve body sitting here.
From Pressure switch on the bottom towards the manual valve -
F , #15, plug (no #), 21
Casting #'s
A8 -
4203 D7
Hope this helps!
100_9287.jpg

What are those plugs and what do they all do. Are they something you just pull out and replace with a different size or style Or are they not much of a big deal what number they are, which ever one works best with your set-up is the right one.

The d-9 through d-12 2004r valvebodies are good to build for the gn and monte carlos...you can do a search on the board for more info and contact one of the transmission vendors for the parts to install in valvebody...I used the transgo reprogamming kit in my d-12 and a few other up graded parts with no problems...This could be a kc valvebody but I would have to check mine to be sure...It's a good one to build...

Looking at it closer in the right light, I can see an ever so light markings in yellow. I can't be 100% what they are, but first letter looks to be either an O or Q. Second one looks like an S. Third looks like the number one, and the forth one is the number 4. Don't know if those are right except for the four, I can see it real clear. OS14 or QS14 maybe S is an eight. Tried looking it up and I just come up empty.
If I do rebuild a valvle body, can you buy the same exact size parts for the BRF (accumulator, throttle valve, etc.) and can you swap them into a different VB. I have a BR3 that I would like to rebuild, looks good and compaired to the other VB, the BR3 is missing a spring on the throttle valve mod dn shift. Don't know how, but I seen an exploded view of the VB and it shows that there was a spring, but is crossed out and now says "no spring" and my unknown VB that looks to be in good shape has one.
So if there is a kit out there to rebuild it to at least factory let me know and if any one has experiance on the best way to go about the rebuild as in what needs to be the same, what needs to be changed and so on. Not looking for a full out race trans just one that is good with normal driving and at the same time be firm when at WOT.

Thanks

I just picked up what looks to be a barely legible BR3 V/B going to check valves and springs , a little skeptical on stock calibration someone has been in it and has non-performance governor.

I just picked up what looks to be a barely legible BR3 V/B going to check valves and springs , a little skeptical on stock calibration someone has been in it and has non-performance governor.
Start a new thread on this.
The one you responded to is 13 yrs old.