ISAC Boost Control

DukeGN

Need a little help from Bob or others tuning the ISAC boost control. Older versions of the ISAC used prop gain, int gain, and deriv gain. The current version uses spool gain, anti overshoot, and run gain. Are these the same gain parameters with different names, and what should start with to tune? I've attached a run from last year, both log (ISL) and config (ISA) and would like input on how to dial it in better.

Also, how can I use boost base and boost cf (correction factor?) in the display to help me tune? I’m running 1.9.1 for the ICC and ISAC (though ICC says 1.9.0), and I have a turbosmart 50mm external gate with a 7lb spring.

Attachments

• ISAC 29Oct2011 3.zip
    281 bytes · Views: 56
  • Log 29Oct2011 3.zip
    11.3 KB · Views: 51
the parameters are the same, just different names (tried to make them less cryptic to the non-engineer types...)

How is the solenoid plumbed into the gate?

Bob

base boost is the solenoid DC (duty cycle) that the ISAC estimates will be right for that target boost, so it starts there. It applies Spool Gain (prop) all the time, and uses anti-overshoot (derivative) during spool mode and run gain (integral) after switching to run mode. So your solenoid settings are making the ISAC add in too much base boost DC.

If you unplug the solenoid, what does the boost go to?

Bob

I don't know. Is that the next step? It is a single solenoid plumbed the same way as Eric's.

what kind of solenoid?

try unplugging it and see what the boost goes to.

It's the IR 1/8" valve from grainger that jay recommended. Part # P251SS-012-D. Before i got the solenoid to work i was pretty consistently getting 7 psi, but I can try unplugging. My gains right now are low to the point of nothing, so I should be able to tune them with the min and max dc for improvement.

Thanks for helping.

yes, with low gains, you tune the solenoid DC and PSI settings so that the boost is close to your target (or just a little under it) then you raise the gains to make the system maintain the boost

B