It's Alive...

turbocliff

I Slang in my white T
Well, on tuesday night at about 11:00pm, my GN first started up. We had an issue with a fitting on my radiator, so without coolant we only started and let it idle for about 30 seconds.. Last night we ran it a bit more, but it only had about 10 minutes of running time on it at the moment. Still need to button up a couple small things, put the rest of the interior back in, mount the hood and deck lid, bleed the brakes a couple more times, and align the front end... Then it's off to the track. My put it on the dyno for a pull or two first, but then again maybe not- lol

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 694
Should have some #s very soon I hope, planning on a trip to the track for some TNT on sunday, might hit the dyno before that-

Cliff

Don't ya just live the sound of success and a fresh motor!
Congrats on the motor.
I hope to be doing ours soon and have the same success.
BTW, nice shop!
Good luck at the track!

Nice work..

Glad to hear you got her running!!! Please let us know how it does on dyno/at the track and some more pics or some video would be great :cool: :biggrin:

Can I expect to see a few names mentioned as having a lane on chitown in the not too distant future? :cool:

DCVING 6 said:
Can I expect to see a few names mentioned as having a lane on chitown in the not too distant future? :cool:

LOL- YES! I have stirred the pot a bit already, and have a few $$ races set up for Real Street Drags next weekend- You gonna be there? If so, then Shhhhhhhh! lol

Looks awesome cliff. I'm gonna have to come up to Rsd next weekend to see that bad mofo in action.

turbocliff said:
LOL- YES! I have stirred the pot a bit already, and have a few $$ races set up for Real Street Drags next weekend- You gonna be there? If so, then Shhhhhhhh! lol

Next weekend is the Buick Horsepower Nats in Indy, so I won't be at RSD.... wish I could see it though.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and ev'rything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Sorry, I just really like the car.

John Wilde said:

That was too funny! :p

I'm going to do some tweaking to it now, not ready for the track yet, but very very very very soon! :eek:

I'll try to get a few better pics up as well-

John Wilde said:

That was classic bro! :biggrin:

Well hasn't seen the dyno or track yet, but did mess around with it a bit in front of my house yesterday... Was making sure it would spool up and such. Idles nice now, throttle is very responsive, and saw a lil over 5psi on the t-brake at about 4000rpm... :smile:

It's kinda dirty in this pic

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 514
Dusty Bradford said:
Glad to hear it's running much better. Looks good too.

Thanks, I have a small oil leak problem that I am hoping is not the rear main, but even if it is should have corrected tonight, even if it means bench pressing the TH400 again... :(

But other than that, after a few hours of messing around with it, it idles great, has very crisp and responsive throttle, and seems to want to spool very quickly. I'm looking forward to running it as soon as I can! :cool:

Thanks again for your pointers, I may still give you a shout sometime soon-

Cliff