its getting colder out and its no better in my car

pvtpilot

2LT USAF
simple question. Its getting cold out and I'm not getting heat in my car. The coolant comes up to temp and all but i think there is a problem in the vaccum lines that control everything. Whats the best way to track down the source of this problem??

You may need to bleed air out of your system. Air pockets will tend to form where the highest point of the system is. Un cap the rad, and park it on an incline so that the rad cap is at the highest point of the system. Let it run for awhile and come up to temp. The level in the tank will drop and you may need to add more.
As far as besides that, you may want to check the control valve up next to the heater core inlets to make sure it is getting vacuum and isnt stuck.

Originally posted by SilverSleeper
As far as besides that, you may want to check the control valve up next to the heater core inlets to make sure it is getting vacuum and isnt stuck.

Ditto.
I have found that my old control valve needs a little manual "help" if it is closed for more than about 3 weeks at a time.

just to give you all a heads up... I took out the whole heat/ac control out and the vacuum valve was leaking. It turns out the the push pin that holds it together snapped. I'll have a new one at the dealer tomorrow. I still don't think I'm getting vacuum to the water control valve.:confused: