jack merkel engines

Originally posted by njturbo
From what i hear he left due to pressure about 109 failures. Again i do not know how true it is, however nice to know if that was the problem.

Fartie go eat a hot dog will you. :D
Can I have a blue Poweraid with that hot dog, you buying? Huuum, Grape Hehi would be nice too.

This is actually old news, knew about it before Labor Day.

I don't know Jack and have not spoken to ron in many years. Just remember, there are always 3 sides to every story. Maybe it was those extremely tight main and rod clearances that he and the Ohio crew use....

Originally posted by ULYCYC
I heard the same thing. A local here had a motor done by Merkel a few months ago. Merkel told him "There is trouble in paradise" Ron's web site is no longer up and Merkels web site has no mention of Ron anymore. It would be nice if Ron or Merkel would post on this thread just to clear this up. :confused:
Ed, don't hold your breath, we need you at Cecil!

I'm sure others that are closely connected can also shed some light. Trouble in paradise, like we didn't see that one coming?

Originally posted by TClassic
Wel it looks like it's just Danny Smith again!:D

That is ashame after that BIG 3 issue write-up Jack had in GMHTP,
it sure looked like he knew what he was doing! Oh well....
Danny's a very busy guy and has more work than he could want. It's tough to get a motor built by him because of the work schedule and commitments to his big customers. Besides, many in the Buick community are cheap and whiners so it would surprise me if Danny didn't want Buick business.

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
So whos going to port stock Irons for $2500 now????
Hey, you give me half that and I'll port stock irons for you... Although I don't think you want me near your AL Stage II heads with my $15 Harbor Freight air grinder Scott. :eek:

Hey, you give me half that and I'll port stock irons for you... Although I don't think you want me near your AL Stage II heads with my $15 Harbor Freight air grinder Scott

I don't even wanna think about taking anything OFF the car at this point.:D

I was gonna take it down the track at the BOP in LVD tomorrow untill I remembered all the shimms that fell all over the floor when I took the front A-arms off, so a major front end alighnment is in order.:mad: Wish I remember it a month ago.

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
I don't even wanna think about taking anything OFF the car at this point.:D

I was gonna take it down the track at the BOP in LVD tomorrow untill I remembered all the shimms that fell all over the floor when I took the front A-arms off, so a major front end alighnment is in order.:mad: Wish I remember it a month ago.
Well, for what it's worth, you don't have to worry about it until both wheels touch down... :D

Gee Fartie nice of you to share this information with your Buick Buds. :(

>>> Yeah fArtie thanks for sharing that info.

I'll take a blue Powerade.

That's great but where does Fartie cook the Hotdogs:confused: :confused:

He probably has a special grill at RCA.........

or maybe he just pops the hood on "FUR" after a pass and cooks them on his turbo LOL!:D

Gee Fartie nice of you to share this information with your Buick Buds. :(
Sorry, I guess when you're so plugged into the NJ Buick scene you forget that there are some people that don't have the same contacts. Besides, I don't gossip and wouldn't want to say anything until the information was public. My information has it that if you had spoken to Jack at the track on Labor Day he would have told you. I had to laugh every time the announced mentioned Ron’s Custom Auto/Jack Merkel Engines as a sponsor.

Originally posted by 86brick
He probably has a special grill at RCA.........

or maybe he just pops the hood on "FUR" after a pass and cooks them on his turbo LOL!:D
Actually I lay them on the headers considering they are glowing by the end of the track. Nothing like cooking hotdogs on 1785-degree headers.... Nice and crispy! Travis, you can’t have any, Richie maybe I’ll give you one although you don’t need hotdogs anymore than I do. Frank, your welcome to some anytime you make the trip up from Florida.

Hmmmmmm hotdogs cooked on headers....... Sounds good!

BTW, my name is Steve NOT Frank.......

Get it right fArtie!:D

Lemme shed a litle light on the subject for you troublemakers;)

Here's the lowdown.
Jack moved mainly due to lack of space. He's is in Clark now, same building he used to be in when he was with Crazy Horse, but on the other side.
Ron is still there, Paul is too, and Jake still goes in a few days a week.
I moved down to Dynotech... no hard feelings against anyone at Ron's, it was just time for a change.
Ed went to his old job in Maplewood at A&J Automotive.

Ron's and Merkle's are both still providing great service to the TR community. As far as who Ron's is using for engine building, i havn't a clue.

I hope i've answered all your questions as i know most of you are dying to know:rolleyes: . I also hope we can now put this thread to rest and move on to some helpfull stuff. This thread has gone to "deer" status... just when ya plow into it and think it's down for the count...it jumps back up and scares the crap outa ya live and well.:D

Originally posted by 86underboost
Lemme shed a litle light on the subject for you troublemakers;)

Here's the lowdown.
Jack moved mainly due to lack of space. He's is in Clark now, same building he used to be in when he was with Crazy Horse, but on the other side.
Ron is still there, Paul is too, and Jake still goes in a few days a week.

Ron's and Merkle's are both still providing great service to the TR community. As far as who Ron's is using for engine building, i havn't a clue.

I hope i've answered all your questions as i know most of you are dying to know:rolleyes: . I also hope we can now put this thread to rest and move on to some helpfull stuff. This thread has gone to "deer" status... just when ya plow into it and think it's down for the count...it jumps back up and scares the crap outa ya live and well.:D

>>>> Mike,

Thanks for the updated info, if the above is certainly true it differs quite a bit from the conversation I had with Jack and Billy T while in the stands on Sunday afternoon of Labor Day weekend. As I do not believe from what I was told Jack was leaving for "lack of space" as you say.

If so then things have taken a 180 degree turnaround from what was supposed to happen on Sept 2nd.

Sure we'll hear more.

Originally posted by 86brick
He probably has a special grill at RCA........

>>> Of course it's a special grill here at RCA, It's a pretty black one with a steel grill, utensils and a big propane tanks.............It looks like a big Tylenol..............and Leon's getting LARGERRRR.