Jackson MI Car Show Next Friday

whtT

Next Friday, July 28, we're having a large car show in downtown Jackson. This is held in conjunction with the IndyCar race at MIS that weekend. It's also being held the same night as Jackson's normal downtown car show, so we're hoping for a huge turnout. Last year, Renthorin came down and joined in and one other local GN showed up. My T is still on jackstands in the barn, so I hope not to have a turbo Buick-less show this year.

Some highlights include:
  • Fireworks at dusk
  • Autograph signing with IndyCar drivers
  • Bands playing on Live Stage (Pat Travers Band, Beatles cover band, etc.)
  • Go-Kart racing
  • Local restaurants open and serving food outside
  • Kids activites, driving simulators and the such
  • And of course, blocks and blocks of streets closed for the show!

We've been talking with the U of M and MSU SAE teams and are planning on seeing them down there. We've also heard rumors that Washtenaw Community College might bring down the 500GT car that they built this year.

If you have a nice TTA with the pace car graphics, PM me, I'd love to sit one in our special show area that we have available to us this year. I might also have room in our show area if your company or shop has some nice show cars that you'd like to display.

For more information, I've posted the flyer we made for the event this year for download (PDF, 268kb). Or you can visit the website here, with Car Show specific information posted here, and an interactive map located here. Jackson is pretty centrally located off of US127 and I-94.

The show is open to all years, makes, and models. It really does make for a nice enjoyable Friday Night. I'd love to see a nice row of turbo cars that night!

We ended up having two GNs show up on Friday. Either of these from someone on the board?

First - a nice '87...

Attachments

• side1.jpg
    side1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 90
  • side11.jpg
    side11.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 80
  • motor1.jpg
    motor1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 78
And secondly, a nice '86 with no badges. Like the gauge pod above the stereo. Very clean car.

Attachments

• side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 77
  • side22.jpg
    side22.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 71
  • motor2.jpg
    motor2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 67
  • int2.jpg
    int2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 75
I really wanted to go to that but its 1hr and 20 minutes away on a fri nite. I havnt seen those cars around here before or at Coldwaters show so they must be from Ann Arbor area. After awhile ya get to know all the turbo buicks that are around but a few can still sneak by ya. Marty

TWISTER said:
I really wanted to go to that but its 1hr and 20 minutes away on a fri nite.

This is one of the things that we really battle trying to draw cars up for this show. It's too bad we can't do it on a Saturday and do an all day event, but I think we're at the mercy of the IRL as to when the drivers can come for the autograph session.

We did have a great turnout though. By my count, we filled somewhere between 7 - 8 full city blocks with cars on the left, right and down the center of the street. And a ton of people.

I remember seeing the '87 up at the St. Ignace show, but rarely see a GN in Jackson itself - so it's very possible that they came from A2.

Chelsea had their car show Friday night too and given the TERRIBLE heat...I stayed local.

I met a guy with an 86 Pontiac 2+2. Very good condition.

He said there is another show in Jackson the last Friday in August????

Renthorin said:
Chelsea had their car show Friday night too and given the TERRIBLE heat...I stayed local.

I met a guy with an 86 Pontiac 2+2. Very good condition.

He said there is another show in Jackson the last Friday in August????

If it's the same car (and how many 2+2's do you see around here?), it's been to Jackson before. It is very nice.

Jackson holds car shows downtown on the last Friday of every month from May - August. I'm not involved with them except for the July show, but everyone is more than welcome to come down and enjoy the show. They start at 5pm and are in the same spot in downtown.

Too bad you couldn't make it, but I understand - I was dying from walking around in that heat all night long...