Jackson MI Car Show with IRL

whtT

This is an open invitation to all board members, friends and family of board members, or just anyone who's interested!

This Friday, July 29 there will be a car show held in downtown Jackson, Michigan in conjunction with the IRL race being held at MIS that same weekend. The streets close at 4:00pm and it will go until they shoot off the fireworks at dusk. There will be an autograph session with the IRL drivers, go-kart racing, live entertainment, family activites, driving simulators -- all of the IRL properties will be downtown at the same time as the show. We're hoping to have a huge turnout for this one. We've had interest from a couple of performance shops around Michigan to come down and of course the usual Mid-Michigan area cars that come to the Jackson shows.

Autoweek will be bringing a bunch of Corvettes in to MIS that weekend for their show, and it would be nice to have a nice display of turbo 6's as well. So anyone with a GN, TR, Syclone, Typhoon, TTA, or turbo transplant - you're invited.

You can learn more about the whole festival here or just the car show information is posted here.

Jackson is conviently located at the intersection of I-94 and US-127, so it's a breeze to get in and out. Google map of exact show location here and if you have any questions feel free to PM me. The show is completely open to any car. If anyone is interested in coming in a pack to downtown, there's a group of local SLP Camaro/Firebird guys meeting at the Best Buy parking lot just off the highway at 4:45pm.

Hope to see some turbo Buicks there. Oh, there's plenty of parking lots downtown to dump trailers in if some of you want to bring in something a little less than streetable too!

I went :)

I went and had a good time. Met whtT and the one other GN owner there.

Thanks for posting this!