Jax Seat Covers Installation

No, the GNs are actually more expensive. We are talking about the NOS fabric, not the cheapo aftermarket stuff.

Joe

From Jax's site.....

"Our 85 - 87 Grand National & 87 Gray T-Type seat upholstery is made from an OEM reproduction material

85 - 87 GN front bucket seats with embroidered headrests $350.00pr +shipping
85 - 87 GN rear seat $175.00pr +shipping

86 Gray T-Type front bucket seats with headrests $450.00pr+shipping
86 Gray T-Type rear seat $275.00pr +shipping"

I dunno, looks more expensive to me.......So you are saying the Jax's stuff is cheapo material? I can't speak for the GN material, but the 86 Gray T material looks like it was cut from the same cloth tree on the same day in the same weather by the same native girl dressed in her traditional.......

I have never done any re-covering work before and found this job to be quite easy. Getting the head rests out was the hardest part. The TR gray is not an exact color match, but to darn close to haggle over. Especially when you driver's seat has tears in it. The fit, cut, and design are perfect IMO.

I imagine I could do the fronts myself, but the driver side bottom frame needs to be repaired anyway. The think the original owner was 40 lbs heavier on the right. I kept feeling like I was going to fall into the passenger seat. Turns out the right side is pushed down.

No, I didnt mean for it to be taken as Jax is cheapo material, what I was saying is the OEM GN gray material is much nicer than the cheapo aftermarket stuff I've seen, the kind that looks more green than gray...

I used JAX for my sunvisors decent work. I am looking for a car cover, i remeber way back there was a company that made car covers for our cars. It was black with the 6 on the rear glass and hood. Do you guys know of any company that makes a cool car cover for our cars?

Thanks,
Travis

87GN

jm, gotcha. That's exactly why I was willing to pay the mongo price for the covers so I'd get the original material. His site says he's about out and switching to the non-oem material.

For whatever nit-picking I did, they are a damn good product.

Does anyone know of someone who will make a black or grey car cover with embroidery on it.

Thanks,
Travis