Jeeps new warranty

Not mine. A copy and paste from another site.

Sounds pretty good. The catch? It only applies to the initial owner of the vehicle. According to initial reports, the lifetime offer does not apply to SRT products, diesels or police/commercial vehicles. You must have your vehicle inspected after five-years of ownership by an "authorized" Chrysler dealer. And check out this nugget, "The inspection must be made within 60 days of each 5-year anniversary of the warranty start date of the vehicle. " So, you void your lifetime warranty if you forget about leap year. Also, this warranty assumes that Chrysler will still be around over the course of the vehicle's lifetime, let alone five years. Neither one is a bet we're willing to push in all our chips at

Looks like you're screwed if you have a SRT. :confused:

You know, I have to tell you - I have never been a Chrysler fan. Of course, that experience comes from the ones I worked on (back in the 80s). I have always been a GM guy.

So, now, I have a 2005 Wrangler (with the 7/70 powertrain) - and the wife has a 2006 Commander.

I LOVE my wrangler. easy to work on, easy to maintain - and already have 22K on the clock and not a single problem. And - the aftermarket support is awesome. Now, i know a Jeep "really" isnt a Chrysler product per say - but at least Chrysler didnt totally screw the thing up like they could have.

The wife's commander - as "small" sa it is - has more power and tows better then my Suburban ever did....

I have always been a GM guy.

The wife's commander - as "small" sa it is - has more power and tows better then my Suburban ever did....

I too have always except for two screw ups(Fords) bought GM. Actually Chevy trucks(except for one Ford) and Buicks(Except for One Mustang) are the only things I drive.

I find it hard to believe the Commander tows better then the Suburban. I guess it is Hemi Powered? How big a trailer are you towing(Weight/length)? I love my Suburbans. I might have to look into this Commander. How many passengers does it hold? Any room behind the third seat or is it like the Expedition?

Sorry to get off topic but Inquiring mind wants to know.

As far as warranties I think they are worthless as the paper they are written on. I have never gotten satifactory warranty work on anything. As far as I'm concerned you are buying insurance and that equates to buying fear in my book. If the manufacturer had more faith in their product they would offer a longer on and I guess they are. Hyundai seemed to build market share with their lengthy warranties. Maybe Jeep can do the same.

Amazing how these POS Chryslers do well in the real world with real people. I have a Commander too. 21.0 mpg last weekend @ 68mph on the highway with 4.7 V8 for a 5 hour trip. Could use a little more lumbar support but I emerged intact. 3rd row seating is limited for space; one tall person or two small people is virtually the limit. With the seat up, there is only about 8" of room there but I leave 'em down all the time with cargo room being ample and very flat. 5 adults seat comfortably in the front two rows.

Never had a problem with a Chrysler product but then again I do crazy things like regular maintenance and such instead of driving cars into the ground and crying about it.

I wonder what the deductible is???

youre comparing K cars to hemi/cummins pickups and chargers. 80s Chryslers were horrible. theyve come a long way since then, I guess its hard to shake things like that though.

My 03 5.7 Ram had the battery fail after 4 years and a lightbulb burn out on the cabin brakelight. Luckily this is not a discussion about gas mileage.:eek:

I sold my POS 95' Dodge Ram 1500 with 18k miles I had to tow my '43 Ford Miliatary Jeep behind it so I had some reliable transportation when the Ram broke down. I babied that truck, never pulled anything nor hotrodded it. Oil leaks galore, wrong shocks from the factory, front end ate tires, tranny died, ac compressor died, body loose and bolts missing from the factory, passenger seat track bound up, among other stuff.

The warranty is only as good as the company backing it....Period! Chrysler burned their bridge with me, I will never return, lifetime warranty or not...screw-em'. All I asked them to do was extend my warranty until we worked out the bugs, they said tough sh@t!

Sorry guys, I just had to vent....Now ask me how my brothers 2001 2500 Ram Diesel worked out....Much worse!

Hey but they look good!;)