Jimmy's transmissions or Lonnie Diers?

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
Ok, so I'm leaning towards Jimmy's because they are local. But I am a bit skeptical. From looking at Jimmy's website(I know there isn't much to it), and Lonnie Diers, it just seems like the list of things you get with Lonnie's trans is longer, not to mention, no core is required. With Jimmy's, it appears that the list you get is much shorter, and the cost seems higher. I'd love to here your experiences. I'm looking to get opinions here. I know being local makes service much easier. Just trying to compare value. Thanks for all your input.

My jimmy trans was biult for 11s and its held up to 10 sec hp on the street for a long time. Very impressed.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Jimmys did a great job on mine Many 10 second passes on it And he is local

Jimmy's did my trans. I'll let you know in a few weeks, but his customer service has been great. Give him a call. I bet he'll clear things up for you. And from what I hear he will take care of you if you have future needs.

You couldn't go wrong with either trans but since Jimmy's is local to you then that would be the best way to go. I've been told sometimes a new trans will still require a little tweaking to get it perfect and having access to a well known local builder would be a no brainer for me. Given Jimmy's impeccable reputation I wouldn't be concerned over the differences in the parts list. It takes more than just parts to build a great trans. Nothing against Lonnie though. In fact his company was one of the very few that even answered my inquires back when I was looking for a trans. Good customer service.

Both are good. If Lonnie was local I would use him. But with Jimmy being local it is hard to pass that up. I think a lot of the trans guys use most of the same parts anyway.

I would use Jimmy and no one stands behind their work like Jimmy!

Prasad

Either, Jimmy if he's local for sure. Lonnie is the man as well and hard to beat

I have received the best customer service from Lonnie and I'm in SoCal . He actually just sent me a mild rebuild kit just because my motor was out and had the time to refresh the trans for free. :) not to mention the numerous phone calls asking stupid questions as this is my first full rebuild .

Jimmy's.

Lonnie did my stroker and jimmy did my Trans. Engine needed to be pulled and opened. Trans hasn't been touched.

Jimmy's all the way best product and customer service Period! If your local total no brainer...

If your in Chicago and need a 200R4 you just go to Jimmy. No reason to go anywhere else

Jimmy has been great for me. Half the time he will work on it while you wait, and he'll let you in the shop to see what he's doing. The times I couldn't wait he always is finished the next day. We're really lucky to have him here!

I would love to have your business. But when you have local talent it just does not make sense buy out of town. Jimmy good guy and will do a good job for you.