John Craig turbos...

I recently bought a new turbo for the GN from John. It truly was worth every cent. Like everyone said, they are works of art as they come out of the box. Every piece of hardware is yellow zinc plated and he inlcudes any necessary gaskets/seals.
I am definitely sending my other turbo to him to have rebuilt. His service is definitely top notch.

John Craig is _DEFINETLY_ the man when it comes to turbos. He stands behind everything he does, and that is hard to find in this business.

He built the turbo thats on my car currently, and I'm lovin it!

BTW, I'm working on John Craigs site, and could use your help. If you guys could type up testimonials about his workmanship, I'd love to include those on the site.

Please email them offline to ekool@fiendish.net

Two Lane,

I don't know what is going on with my log in. I tried to post a thread and I could not log on the board.:confused: I had to register again. I was up around 500 threads. May be someone knows what went wrong.

Question for hrparts, What style 70 turbo do you recommend for the tsm class. someone said q trim others say p trim, what are your thoughts. thanks (with all the supporting mods, like heads intake etc.

Chris, same same here. NOT a junior member:( NOT!!! Had to re-register and look like a newbie.

tracer,

What is up with this! I am not a newbie either. I have e-mailed Jason the webmaster to see what is going on. At least we are back on now. May be some one will have an answer to what is going on with the logons.

I believe he can upgrade just about any turbo...just may not be cost effective...give him a call and see...

Originally posted by jetmech
Question for hrparts, What style 70 turbo do you recommend for the tsm class. someone said q trim others say p trim, what are your thoughts. thanks (with all the supporting mods, like heads intake etc.
The Q-trim is said to flow more air = more HP. Note that you can request either a 4"inlet/3"outlet or a 4"inlet/2.5"outlet.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by jetmech
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically, it's like this. If you have the 70 with the P trim, and if the guy in the other lane has the Q trim, you better have him by a car length at half track or he will drive right around you. The Q trim is worth a good 2 or 3 MPH. It is definitely an advantage if all the rest matches it. It may need 3500+ stall to work best off the line, but it really helps the rest of the run. Are you there to race or are you there to win??? That is what it boils down to. If you have the Q trim & have the guy with the P trim by half track, he should never catch you. Ask Dave England who at the Nat's with a new combo, first pass went an 11 something at 131+ mph with the Q trim.

quote:
Can John upgrade my stocker to a TA-49 or would it be best to buy it new?
Dannyo

As for upgrading from a stock unit, the stocker is basically worth the $100 core charge to John. It may be easier to sell it outright if it is a good piece. If not, it is worth the $100 even if it is bad. Just can't look like it was ran over by a huge dozer or anything.

John is the best!!!!;) I send him work on my turbos that i am unable to do in house. Frank

john craig turbo

I agree with all of the positive comments about John Craigs turbos-- I would not even consider buying one elsewhere, he gives you a truly quality product, a fair price and stands behind his work. The list of vendors that you can completly trust is very small and he is one of them. JohnGoetz

John Craig turbos are awesome. getting ready to buy a TE45a off him this week. what else can you say about the man he does great work.