Junkyard MAP system for the GNs

bruce

Rest In Peace
While it's taken a while the 1227749 Syclone ECM has been taught to speak DIS.

With some new items on the market it is also real time tuneable.

It's not EZ, or really cheap, but it'll be available soon.

It takes getting the 749 ecm, a syclone memcal, an adapter harness, and the normal chip burning stuff, to include memcal adapter, and the Real Time tuning bits but it's still 1/2 the price of an aftermarket. Plus I'll be releasing Source Code to go with it, which is a first anywhere. With actual source code, the actual operating insturctions can be changed. And there is alot of room for adding routines. The only agreement is not using the related Source Code for profit, and sharing any developements with it. It's a hobbists thing.

Like I said I've got the timing taken care of,
and, the fuel is figured out, and the TCC stuff verified.

I still want to put some more miles on it, just to be sure about it all, but it's basically a done deal, other then putting all my notes together, and getting that posted.

Yes, it's a batch fire set-up.
Yes, there are P+H driver updates available for it.
Yes, Turbolink and well as any Syclone scanner works fine on it.
YES, there is a patch for datalogging a WB with the normal scanning stuff.

I'm using 7 injectors, and an injector constant of 60 PPH and have full control of idle fueling at 800 RPM. I don't know how large you can go injector wise on this set up, yet.

TCC is fine.

By using the Source Code, and the A/C and EGR outputs can be used to turn other items on and off..........

Just a heads-up about what's around the corner.

Wow,
Sounds fantastic Bruce. How is this going to compare to say MAF-less Max Effort?
Are you going to be offering a stand alone "kit" or would you be offering the instruction on how to go about getting it together as a DIY?

Thanks again. This is pretty awesome stuff

Originally posted by Boston Boy

Sounds fantastic Bruce. How is this going to compare to say MAF-less Max Effort?
Are you going to be offering a stand alone "kit" or would you be offering the instruction on how to go about getting it together as a DIY?

HUmor Mode,
It's just like the ME, and Translators, but completely different.

They are bolt-ons, and give a specific range of items you can change. For someone not, INTO IT, they are the ideal answer. By into it, I just mean they don't have the time, or desire to learn the real ins and outs of EFI tuning, and that's not a judgement call. There are guys going really fast with Trans, and MEs.

I'm not offering a kit, or any products related to this. None, nada.
I'm just sharing what I have a passion for.

This is for the guys that just aren't happy with what the aftermarkets have to offer, and/or have the time and a few bucks to experiment with something.

I'm hoping that a few of the software guys will also devote some time into helping with this. I've been able to take things to where there is source code for it, but it'll take me forever to go much further. So I'm really hoping this becomes a Buick Community thing. There is a user's agreement, and that states that any developements to the code are to be public domained. So if someone wants to make a buck off of it that's OK, but they have to share things with the Buick Community. There is room for someone to sell there own chips for this, and that calibration will be Their's, and I hope no one would go into the business of pirating something like that. But, if someone wants to make a change to the code, then they can sell that as part of their calibration, but the code change would be need to be public domained, and if not, then I would expect someone to public domain it.

Hopefully, this will be just shared and developed in the spirit it's given, and we can do the Fast with Class Routine, even a little faster.

Hey Bruce (aka Buick O.G.) ;)

You might want to consider reading thru the GPL license used in alot of Open Source software situations. It's legal and binding and will make certain that the software always stays open.

Check out http://www.fsf.org to get yourself going in the right direction with the license.

PS -- Glad we didn't need to bail you out of jail Saturday :D :D