Junkyard Thread...Another Mans Treasure Is Another..

turbofish38

Le Pétomane
I'm not even sure this is the place to do it and since it's not directly related to anything Buick as far as TR's go I didn't post it in the Junyard Dogs forum. So here we go........
My favorite way to spend a boring weekend is to hit up the local junkyards. Heck I guess you could say it was a bad habit I haven't been able to kick. Well at least I've restrained myself into making my house a junkyard by dragging every neat or hard to find part that I find home. Which is the purpose of this thread. Feel free to post your incredible finds here. I guess you could also post that you are looking for something in particular too as long as it isn't TR related. That'swhat the For Sale forum is for.:cool:

Okay to start off......... I found a 69 Bel Air. Nothing special other than it has no AC and a straight 6 and three on the tree. Anybody looking for some potential Race Car parts here as in the Clutch Pedals or the Heater Core Plate on the firewall? I think the Z-bar is the same for a V-8. Take a look at the pics(oh and to make this work, not to mention using up valuable bandwidth, you have to post a pic of your treasure) and see if there is anything you can use. Now I don't have the time and energy to pull any parts for you but I will say this car is located at LKQ in Garner(Raleigh) NC. PM me if you need the address in case you're internet search challenged.:)

I think it's a crime to see these cars go to the crusher especially when it has stuff you don't see anymore. Kind of like that old cowboy and Indian joke "Once we were many, now we are few".:biggrin:

Attachments

• Erics Pix 2047.jpg
    Erics Pix 2047.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 552
  • Erics Pix 2048.jpg
    Erics Pix 2048.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 550
  • Erics Pix 2049.jpg
    Erics Pix 2049.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 548
  • Erics Pix 2050.jpg
    Erics Pix 2050.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 551
  • Erics Pix 2051.jpg
    Erics Pix 2051.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 571
I to had to cut back on junk yard visits. I see so many things that can be a value to many! I saw a 70 Hemi Cuda(no drivetrain), and two Hemi engines in a yard in Augusta, i see them but cant save them all. The last car i got from that same place was a 1970(GS) Rivera! Got it home, and did a few things, and drove it for weeks!

Absolutely will NOT sell it. :mad: :mad: RIP

Attachments

• S7300038.JPG
    S7300038.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 490
  • S7300040.JPG
    S7300040.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 483
  • S7300041.JPG
    S7300041.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 483
  • S7300042.JPG
    S7300042.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 551
Oh boy. I am gonna like this thread. I'll start with one that I have a pic or two of. Late 70's grand prix, with............

you guessed it!!!

Aluminum rad. support!!!

Told a few people about this and how i'd take them there where they could buy it pretty cheap. Still no takers....

Does have a dent in it though.

Attachments

• 100_0378 sized.jpg
    100_0378 sized.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 724
  • 100_0376 sized.jpg
    100_0376 sized.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 452
i know of a solid early 80's El Camino SS sitting in a junkyard with no motor or trans, but with a complete tan vinyl bucket/console interior. it needs to be painted, but it's all there. it has a good title and they only want $200 for it.
if i stumble across some $$$, i might get it. hell, i might even see about trading my 87 Monte SS body straight up for it.

I to had to cut back on junk yard visits. I see so many things that can be a value to many! I saw a 70 Hemi Cuda(no drivetrain), and two Hemi engines in a yard in Augusta, i see them but cant save them all. The last car i got from that same place was a 1970(GS) Rivera! Got it home, and did a few things, and drove it for weeks!

426 hemi engines?

Wow, that first pic on the '71 interior brought back some good memories. That dash setup along with the 3 pedals looked identical to the one in my mom's '69 Kingswood Estate wagon.....yes I said wagon. Dad special-ordered a 350/300 hp bench seat wagon w/ a Muncie 4 sp shifter. I've never seen another like it.

Pics are dated 1970. The color was Chevy's light greenish/frost with woodgrain. I'm the tall kid in pic 2.

Attachments

• wagon.jpg
    wagon.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 377
i have to keep myself away from junkyards and places like craft stores / ikea

i see so much random **** that could be adapted/modified to be used under the hood of a performance vehicle... its overwhelming

Cool! Looks more like a 71 to me!

I didn't even bother to check the VIN.:rolleyes: Somebody just wrote 69 on the quarters and I ran with that. Bonus Points for Stumping the Chump!:tongue:

I tell you I was hoping that this would have been an old Cop Car. No evidence that it was anyway.:frown:

Oh and it only has a 10 bolt under it.

i have to keep myself away from junkyards and places like craft stores / ikea

i see so much random **** that could be adapted/modified to be used under the hood of a performance vehicle... its overwhelming
what are you finding at Ikea that can be used under the hood of a performance vehicle?

what are you finding at Ikea that can be used under the hood of a performance vehicle?

:confused: my thoughts exactly!!! my wife is always wanting to drag me into Ikea - let me know where the "good stuff" is and maybe I might actually *want* to go next time :p

they *do* have good meatballs :biggrin: