Just can't launch consistent

grey1

SMOKE 'EM
1.64 60's to 2.0's. The only thing consistent w/ my car in the 1/4 is my mph. I can't drive. I have a big tach. Anyone tried setting the shift light at a launch rpm to be more consistent? I can't seem to hold the boost the same evertime I line up. My boost guage is hard to watch when the tree starts dropping. New driver? Thanks, Dave

Forget about reaction time.
Just take your time and launch when you are ready.
You'll get the hang of it eventually. 1.6 60' is great!

I read once, and may try it at the track this weekend, to use TPS voltage as an indicator of launch. This is of course if you have a scanmaster. But you would need to hit the right button after launch to watch the kr, unless you have a knock detector and relied on that.

tps is no good if your turbo starts to spool.......just because you don't move the throttle isn't going to slow the turbo, thus you will not leave at the same boost each time

a 2 stage rev limiter (MSD DIS-4) works....also a trans brake and well matched converter

if you don't care about winning the race, just sit there and build whatever boost you want and go!

if you are going for consistancy, leave off idle, or at 0 psi. you may not be as fast, but it will launch more even across the board.
If you want to see how fast it will go, just like the above posts, leave when you want to. It aint gonna start counting until you move, so prep yourself and concentrate on the launch and not the tree. Im still new at this, but I am finding out quickly what works for me.

With my driving ability I'm probably not the one to listen to, but....
If testing, I don't care about the light. I've had reaction times of 10 seconds waiting to get the boost I wanted to launch at. If racing, however, I try to final stage fast, bring up boost and modulate the throttle until the tree drops. Hard oon the tranny if the guy in the other lane is slow staging.
No need to complain about 1.6x 60' times.