Just picked up my 2nd GN.

windshearalert

windshearalert
Hello all, I wanted to introduce myself. Im Justin and I just picked up my 2nd GN this past weekend. My first car was in 1987 and I did not own it very long. This is my 2nd chance to relive my youth!

Here is what I have - Its an 87 hardtop with 117K miles. Bone Stock. Still has factory airbox. Previous owner repainted it last year and it looks pretty nice. I drove it home from Ky and averaged 26mpg. It does not like to idle s sometimes and seems like it will not take much boost - possibly maybe 5 psi. Trans was a but sluggish to downshift but I honestly babied it home and kept it out of boost. Drove maybe 55-60mph.

My main question is:

Can you guide me on the forum to info where i can locate the proper tune up procedures for these cars?
1) I know i will need to change out vacuum lines, some are cracked. I see some are hard plastic lines with rubber ends. Can I buy these new or do i convert to all rubber?
2) I will definitely need a fuel sending unit - gauge is crazy inaccurate - I will add aftermarket pump while i have tank dropped.
3) Are there any sensors you think i should just go ahead and change out now?
4) operations tests for my sensors on the car?
I have an avionics and Aircraft maintenance background, so it wont be a problem if i need to check anything electrically or mechanically.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. right now I want to just get it running with no stumbles or issues. Once i wrap my hands around that, i will start with very light mods.

Oh i also have a scanmaster 2.1 new in the package - Will be installing this during the week.

Thanks fellas! I am really excited to be a part of the group.

Hello Justin! Welcome To Turbobuick.com!!!!! :)

Yeah, post up some pics! ;)

Here she is at the house after the 420 mile drive home and a quick wash

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 193
Previous owner will be sending me the side badges and trunk badge. Wheels are really nice with new NOS centers. Don't think I did too bad and price was too good to pass up!

Well apparently I cant upload from my phone. Let me throw a few on here

Attachments

• GS nats 201.JPG
    GS nats 201.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 173
  • GS nats 203.JPG
    GS nats 203.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 187
  • GS nats 209.JPG
    GS nats 209.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 182
  • GS nats 223.JPG
    GS nats 223.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 178
  • GS nats 225.JPG
    GS nats 225.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 141
Thanks for the info Mike, I am soaking it up like a sponge. I never would have thought about the fuel today not being the same as back in the 80's but that makes sense. Ethanol and the hydrocarbon percentages are totally different from the old days. Now I see I will need an updated chip.

Thanks for the info Mike, I am soaking it up like a sponge. I never would have thought about the fuel today not being the same as back in the 80's but that makes sense. Ethanol and the hydrocarbon percentages are totally different from the old days. Now I see I will need an updated chip.
Previous owner will be sending me the side badges and trunk badge. Wheels are really nice with new NOS centers. Don't think I did too bad and price was too good to pass up!
justin, sending the emblems today, 10/29/13, could not locate the drip rail molding. regards, ron

Thanks so much Ron. I was going to call you Friday. Car made it back to Arkansas with not one issue. Averaged 26MPG. Crazy mileage. So far picking up a few items and getting ready to do a spring cleaning. I will call you Friday just to chit chat.

Welcome, seen you have acft maintenance background and you're in Arkansas. We have both those things in common, I'm in Arkansas and work out at Little Rock AFB as a acft hydraulic mechanic. Nice looking car, good luck with it!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ah! I used to work on the old E and H models. I do miss the old days! LOL - If you want to give me a call my number is 501-454-2627. We can swap stories!

That's cool, I'll get in touch with you.

Dave

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

[quote
Is there an Arkansas GN meet anytime throughout the year?

No one has organized anything lately. Maybe if we get enough interest we could get something going in the spring or do a Fall cruise. What part of Arkansas are you located?