just saw 2fast2furious. here is what i learned:

I didn't say that "Die Hard" was an example of cinematic rapture - please read my post again as it seemed that you missed the point.

I was trying to communicate the fact that there are plenty of good "brainless" movies out there and that Fast and Furious was NOT one of those good "brainless" movies.

Nor am I saying that every movie has to be on par with Full Metal Jacket or Scarface or Leaving Las Vegas. I'm simply saying that Fast and Furious, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, could only entertain the retarded. I just thought it was that bad.

I mean, take a look at Gone in Sixty Seconds - another car flick. Not an Oscar winner, but definitely put together more coherently than Fast and Furious. And anybody that argues against that point is clearly not playing with a full deck.

Nobody needs to lighten up. There are varying opinions on this subject and I'm sure I'm in the minority :rolleyes:

Plus I'm having a boring day at work and I have nothing better to do with myself today but speak out agains this movie.

Rich:D

I didn't mean that your opinion was worthless - I love differing opinions...keeps the world interesting!

Zam

I hear ya :D

Now, if they had a few TR's in F and F, I might be less harsh ;)

P.S. I would actually rank F and F one notch above the most recent Star Wars mess that Lucas put out.

:)
Rich

Originally posted by QuickWE4
I would actually rank F and F one notch above the most recent Star Wars mess that Lucas put out. :)
Rich

HaHA...yeah I know what you mean...I personally liked the most recent one (Star Wars) better than the first "prequal". It was way over the top on the CGI but at least it had a some action and no whiny kid. Who the hell cast him??? terrible actor.

LOTR, who does the CGI for those? AMAZING, especially on Gorum. Lucas need to hire the same people to do his...

I actually saw the first StarWars in the theater when it first came out (dating myself here). I remember staring in absolute amazement at how "real" everything looked (I think I was 10 at the time)...my how times have changed.

NOW - the Indiana Jones series...THAT's what I call good solid cinematic entertainment. (and YES, I had my wife at BB this morning to buy the box set :D ) always liked the adventure movies. Even the Mummy movies were good.
I also love "Dark" movies...The first 2 Batman movies, Blade, Spawn, Reign of fire, Silence of the lambs, Seven etc....I was disappointed in the new movie Underworld though. So much potential, but way weak execution...decent though.

There's always the excellent Pixar toons...

Variety...spice-O-life

anybody see Ronin? now that is the type of realistic car chase scenes we need in an action movie......how about Italian Job (original)....anyone got anymore? :D

Dual Nos button

the only thing that would make sense with the dual nos button is that you have to have both buttons pressed for it to work. Kinda like a safe gaurd against an accidental push of one of them. MAkes sense now when i think of it like that.

Yeah, Peter Jackson did an incredible job with Lord of the Rings. I can't understand how Lucas could do such a poor job with what has to be one of the most unbelievable film franchises in the history of film.

Ronin just rocks. Best car chase scene I've ever watched.

Rich

the slow and the irritating

those stupid fast and the furious movies all stunk...I swear after each one came out i saw more and more ricers around here. That kinda cinematic garbage just promotes the ricing out of more cars. Gimme a break. Those idiotic movies made rice more popular IMO

Originally posted by QuickWE4
Yeah, Peter Jackson did an incredible job with Lord of the Rings. I can't understand how Lucas could do such a poor job with what has to be one of the most unbelievable film franchises in the history of film.
Rich

There is a reason why Lucas started with the later stories.
Because they were the best ones, He knew at that time where to start. I believe the later one's were made just to cash in on the name.
And yes, Jackson has been superb with Lord of the rings.

Originally posted by Rogue Leader
Heh.... Cannonball run was based on a true story of the actual Cannonball Run, a good part of it was true,

Heck some of it couldnt even be used in the movies!

Was the Cannonball run the movie where the 2 girls told the 2 dudes in an El camino they would BL-W them if they caught them?:confused:

WOW, I haven't seen it, and don't plan on it either. The first was somewhat entertaining, but everyone I know that has seen this one always gags half way thru telling me just how much it sucks. I wonder just how they get those cars to hook up so well while they are riding around on rice. Mark

the key to watching the first one ("The Fast and The Furious") is turning off the sound and just watching the cars and the turbos and everything. They key to the second one is just trying your hardest to watch it. One other thing about 2F2F i didnt like was the endless nitrous spurging on the Skyline: he just sits there for a couple minutes just spurging the nitrous. One good thing tho, was the Yenko 'maro (actually a replica, but oh well), the Challenger, and of course the Cobra getting owned by a trucks tires (although i thought it sucked just cuz it was a domestic), but oh well.

Also, did anyone see the original "Gone In 60 Seconds"? that movies sucked!! im sorry, but it did, and im sure someone will agree with me. I never saw "American Grafitti" but i LOVED "Two Lane Blacktop". THAT MOVIE WAS WHAT CAR GUYS ARE ALL ABOUT!!! No b.sing, just get the race done and thats it!!! Very good movie (IMO) anyways, im done for now!!!

EDIT: also, im not gay er anything but, whoever just said Vin is ugly, ummmmm, you must have some chick problems er sumthin. I also happen to think Vin is skilled and he does good, especially since he always has the role of the bad@$$ in every movie.

American Grafitti was a great movie, but was more about the cruise culture of the 60's rather than the cars themselves.

I agree that 2 kinda sucked. But at least they did bring domestics into it. 1 I thought was pretty cool for a movie that no one really could predict how it would do. And it did Great! I think 2's plot sucked. It seemed that they wanted to make a sequel to such a successful movie that they rushed and thought of this gay drug dealing undies cop. Well, thats my 2 cents. Cant knock the ricers. Sure there are A-holes out there and maybe they do run 16-20 sec 1/4 times. (Ive seen much faster). But they are a different class in my book. Motorcycles are faster than us but can they talk ISH about us? If you dont like it dont watch it. AND, a nice little update. VIN DIESEL HAS AGREED TO MAKE A RETURN IN F&F3!!! I bet your all excited.

Scott

There's talk about a 3rd fast and furious for sure...I REALLY wish they would put a GNX or at least a clone in the next one...they need a legendary turbo DOMESTIC to battle the ricers...yeah keep dreaming right?

I've actually never seen either of the F&F movies, everything I've heard about them has told me to keep that 3 bucks in my pocket. But I am the type of dork who actually bought Out For Justice and watches the GN scene a couple of times a week...turning the surround system WAY the frig up.

I just emailed universal studios...told them to put a Buick GNX in their next movie...LOL like it will ever get read!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by d0n_3d
I just emailed universal studios...told them to put a Buick GNX in their next movie...LOL like it will ever get read!:rolleyes:
It will be read, but the guy who reads it will tell his boss that somebody just emailed "and jokingly told us to put a grocery-getter (Buick NGX, or something) in the next movie." or "Sure, who we gonna have drive it, Rose from the freakin' Golden Girls?! ....Buick :rolleyes: , sheesh..."

Actually, the way the first two went, they prabably will put a turbo-regal in there...............................and WRECK IT!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

If VIN DIESEL is back... He need to be back in BLACK...:cool: , an GNX....:eek: , atleast a T-Type modded to look like a GNX with a v6 turbo motor in it...(NO V8's).. I cannot believe that 2 movies have been produced and not one KING of the Streets (Buick GN) in it.... Just my .02... Had to vent:D