JW Flexplate Light or Heavy for street car??

turbota440

Curious what is the opinions on the difference between their light and heavy model of the JW wheel The ad says heavy for drag racing and light for street. My vendor sent me the heavy one when I asked for the light one. Should I return it or use it. Car will be 99% street car. New build with Forged short block and decent heads. PTC 10" lock up 2800 stall converter. 6262 turbo in the future. so anyone see any difference ??

I have used both in various engines and have never seen any measurable difference in spooling or performance.

In the past year I have had 4 different engines in one of my street performance cars, and 3 different ones in my race car. We are always experimenting with various combinations to learn more to provided our customers the best available result for their money. :)

We used to use a 30# flexplate in some small block super stock applications and it was worth about a tenth in 60 ft times.I wouldn't hesitate to use it in a street application[tight converter/heavy car].

I've used both and see no difference.
AG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies.
After thinking about it would it not take a significant weight increase to notice a difference since it's already attached to something very heavy and even heavier with fluid in it. That's why I posted the question. Your experience is greatly appreciated.

I have used both in various engines and have never seen any measurable difference in spooling or performance.

In the past year I have had 4 different engines in one of my street performance cars, and 3 different ones in my race car. We are always experimenting with various combinations to learn more to provided our customers the best available result for their money. :)

How do the 2 flexplates effect the balancing of the engine ? IE adding or taking away crank weight especially when using a BHJ balancer?