Kevin, Need some info immediatly!!!

Doug Jacobson

Altitude Compensated
Since the rear end is out of my car for the spool and axles I figured I'd start on some of the suspension work. I notched the front upper controll arm mount area in the frame in order to lower the front mounting hole. I made some inserts to fit into the frame pocket on the front side like we were talking about. They fit into the frame pocket allowing for another 3" of room to mount the controll arms. I can leave then inside the frame tucked up against the old holes or drop them down some more for extra drop.

What I was wondering was if you had a range for the amount they needed to be dropped? The amount the hole needs to be below the factory one would be the best. Then I can center the bracket in that area and weld them in.

Like I said before with them up as high as I can get them, (they hit the dimple for the stock mouting hole) You would be able to get a hole for the mount about 1 inch below the stock one and then another 2 1/2" downward from there for adjustment. If you can give me a range of the amount that it needs to be dropped for a stock height car I can get them welded in and then we can drill the holes in the exact location later.

I hope that made sence.

Thanks, Doug

Just your usual haunts. :)

Uppers are done should have a range from 1.5" to 4" total below the original holes, now I'm going to start on the lowers, Since my car isn't a lowrider pimp car like your I have to make some for down their too. :) I'll give them a range of 4" below the original hole. Then after everything is squared away I can cut the excess off so the brackets don't hang so low.

DJ

I do have an extra set of purple neon's in the garage.. They'd look sweet under a white car with red interior!!!

ks:D