Kid Rock Wearing The U.S. Flag...

G

GRAYGHOST

I understand he wants to be patriotic, but does he have a clue that he just totally desicrated the American Flag?:mad:

The hotties waving the two at the end of his little show was nice to see, but come on Kid, cutting a slit in one and wearing it is not right:(

Dude times are changing, any kind of patriotic act now adays is something to be happy about....

sorry I don't agree. Using the american flag as clothing is disrespectful. I remember after 9-11 some guy attached a flag to his truck, but after a few weeks of fluttering in the breeze, it was a pretty sorry sight all tattered up. It's great to be patriotic, but part of it is showing respect for those symbols. Mostly it's just not knowing any better - such as a hotel that flew the national flag at half mast, but left the hotel banner flying at the top (higher than the national flag)...

Hey Kid rock was over in Iraq for the troops so id have to say he,s a decent guy . I didnt see the act but i could forgive him . My flag flying of my Apt. balconey is getting a little bad on the ends so ill have to change it soon , but it does fly every day and the weather lately has been brutal . :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he is a bad guy, but he is looked up to by alot of todays youth, and I just think if he wants to be patriotic, he should make sure he does it in the right way. He's seen as a cool bad a$$ dude, so think of the impact he could have if he had the flag displayed more respectful, and showed respect to our flag that many men and women have died for....his intentions are good, however displayed inappropriately in my opinion.

Originally posted by GRAYGHOST
....his intentions are good, however displayed inappropriately in my opinion.

Yeah, that's what I think too. I don't think it was a great idea, but not so bad as to worry about it. He was wearing a shirt under it. There was a slit in the flag like one of those mexican blanket things.

He may be a good guy (USO appearances and all), but, it was in poor taste....

I changed the channel and put him and the other guy with an itchy crotch in the small window with PIP. I missed the breast thing too (OK with me). America is growing younger, but, the old people have the most money, these programming people had better wake up to that!

Evil Kneivel, even Elvis used components of the flag on thier costumes....In good taste. Using the flag as apparrel was offensive to me. Period. the Breast thing was too. Juvenile things to shock the viewers. My grandchildren watch TV, I'll have to shield them from these decadent bum performers from now on....Bummer :(

Enjoyed the game. First half was an old fashiioned defensive game, second half was an offensive exhibition by both teams.

leeb

Mostly it's just not knowing any better - such as a hotel that flew the national flag at half mast

Speaking of not knowing better, masts are on boats, not hotel buildings:cool:

Originally posted by lburou
the other guy with an itchy crotch

lol, you sound like my mom.

I don't know what to think about all this flag business. I think most people are just ignorant to the flag display rules. Kid meant it in a positive way thou, just went about it wrong. i fault more the people that put the show on and not him, someone needs to tell him its wrong. i personally don't think he cut a hole in the flag himeself.

side note about flags: the dukes of hazard movie that is in the works is said to feature a General Lee with no flag on the roof. The don't want to offend anyone with the rebel flag. :rolleyes:

being in the military,i have to agree that it was not too cool, but the guy does more for the military than alot of people, i think he just didn't know better, he made sure that the flag was caught when it was tossed off of him, shows that he does care, jsut had a lapse of judjment, forgivable, i think, the flag should never go unlight at night, should be properly disposed of when tattered, folded when in storage and so on, no worse i think then magnetic flags on cars, flags hung off of trucks, or so on, unless your prior military or have been told so, the customs dealing with flags are unkown to you.
Grant

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

NO CONFEDERATE FLAG ON THE GENERAL??!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Thats like Sonny with no Cher, Cereal with no milk, a meal without a smoke, and so on and so on. That aint right

Yes, no flag on the General:mad: These hollywood folks need to come up with their own "Pop icons"

Also, if anyone taped the game, I could swear I saw people holding their little flage UPSIDE DOWN:mad: :mad: while Kid was singing. The camera shot was from the seats looking out to the field. Only showed it for a moment but that was enough. Could sombody please check on this?

i think lee hit this one on the head. his intention might have been good, but he did it in the wrong way. i come from the younger generation, i wasn't offended by it but i did think it was wrong and discraceful. I left not because of him, because of the music, who ever decided to have those people "sing" should be shot, they have no musical taste, and the performers have no tallent. i can grab myself and throw my hands back and forth while wearing a huge coat in a heated dome, but you dont' see me up there, or even wanting to do that crap.

i think its cool he wanted to be partiotic and i applaud his attempt, but he did it all wrong.

Well I've been sitting here trying to decide to or not to respond to this so at risk of offending some here goes. I think that what kid rock did wasn't at all anything to get bent about. I have an unbelieveable mount of respect for our armed forces and those who died defending my freedom. But if the fact that a guy in kids position even wore the flag at all is cool with me. Hell he didn't do what that stupid ass girl from the dixie chicks did. Bad mouthing our country and president to another country.

i think lee hit this one on the head. his intention might have been good, but he did it in the wrong way. i come from the younger generation, i wasn't offended by it but i did think it was wrong and discraceful. I left not because of him, because of the music, who ever decided to have those people "sing" should be shot, they have no musical taste, and the performers have no tallent. i can grab myself and throw my hands back and forth while wearing a huge coat in a heated dome, but you dont' see me up there, or even wanting to do that crap.

i think its cool he wanted to be partiotic and i applaud his attempt, but he did it all wrong.

Tell you what.....

Down here in Miami, there are waaay too many people waiving every kind of flag EXCEPT for the American flag. I kinda enjoyed the spirit of what Kid Rock does. Sure, if you want to be uptight and technical, it is not proper flag etiquette. But I'd rather see him wearing the flag like he did, rather than every unappreciative (anything other than American) flag waiver here with some crap hanging from their rear view, or some plate/sign or whatever affixed to their car. Lets lighten up a little on things..... :rolleyes:

What's wrong is people are more focused on the Janet Boob, and the Kid Rock flag than they were about Nelly's lyrics. That was WAAAAAAYY more offensive than either IMO..

James