Killed a Lightning tonite!

AirBuick

Was coming home from night class and was trying to tune my alchy for full throttle blasts. (I'm pissed that I am still getting 8 degrees KR sometimes. Probably not possible to have 21 psi with lousy 91 octane CA. gas) Anyway, I'm bummed-out sitting 3 cars back in right lane on a 3 lane at a red when I notice a newer Lightning pull to #1 spot in far left lane. Well, he jackrabbits on green only to catch another red 1/2 mile up. I maneuver around to get up next to him at this light. I lurch mine a little to see if he'll bite. Light turns green and we both take off even until I hear his blower come on (sounded cool). I'm determined to not have any KR on this battle so I feather but still manage some spinning. I'm watching the SM for knock and was probably holding the boost with my foot to about 12-15 psi and gradually pull away from him without getting any KR. I then have to get on the freeway and he went straight and I gave him a thumbs up and he returned the gesture, so it was cool!

Don't know when I'll get to experience a full throttle no knock blast in this Nick Micale motor.

Originally posted by AirBuick
Was coming home from night class and was trying to tune my alchy for full throttle blasts. (I'm pissed that I am still getting 8 degrees KR sometimes. Probably not possible to have 21 psi with lousy 91 octane CA. gas) Anyway, I'm bummed-out sitting 3 cars back in right lane on a 3 lane at a red when I notice a newer Lightning pull to #1 spot in far left lane. Well, he jackrabbits on green only to catch another red 1/2 mile up. I maneuver around to get up next to him at this light. I lurch mine a little to see if he'll bite. Light turns green and we both take off even until I hear his blower come on (sounded cool). I'm determined to not have any KR on this battle so I feather but still manage some spinning. I'm watching the SM for knock and was probably holding the boost with my foot to about 12-15 psi and gradually pull away from him without getting any KR. I then have to get on the freeway and he went straight and I gave him a thumbs up and he returned the gesture, so it was cool!

Don't know when I'll get to experience a full throttle no knock blast in this Nick Micale motor.

Good Kill

Good kill but turn the boost down buddy!!! Cant do much with that 91 it sucks:mad:

Thanks for the congrats. I'm going to have to turn the boost down until I can get this alchy tuned. Several guys in this area are running boost #'s in the 20's on 91 and eventually I'm going to see how they set theirs up. Sometimes I wonder if this "gas" is even 91 octane! :mad:

They set it up by running lower boost and then turning it up untill they saw a little knock and backing it off just a touch.

Anyways, good kill.

I have a friend with a Lightning, nice truck, but doe not seem to be in the same league, with a G.N. I own a Shelby, and a Boss 302, so I am pro Ford....