Killed an Integra this morning. Twice...

metal-box

Unfortunately, this kill was in my WS6, not my Buick. So I apologize ahead of time in case this is inappropriate for this section. I don’t get many chances to race, so I was pretty excited to be able to post a "kill" story... :)

On my way to work this morning I stopped at a light and was minding my own business when I heard what sounded like a street bike take off as the light turned green. Apparently, a kid in an Integra wanted to beat out a huge box truck from the far right lane that ended about fifty yards away.

It wasn’t a bad looking car, as it did not have the obligatory stickers and huge wing. It was just a jet-black car with a stainless exhaust and nice wheels. Actually, it was tastefully done.

Well, traffic finally thinned out and I got stuck next to him at the next light. I was stopped about a half car length behind him on his right. My nose was at about his rear quarter panel.

The light turned green and he mashed it and got about a car length on me because my poor Goodyear GSC tires were fighting for their lives. I spun for a bit so I let off and let them hook up. I immediately reeled him in and put about three cars on him. I let off at about seventy-five because there are a LOT of state troopers that hang out on that stretch of the highway. I didn’t need to get a ticket this morning.

As we approach the next light we are slowing down to about twenty as it goes green. He jumped on it again. I guess he was hoping to get me from a roll. This time I nailed it, did not spin at all, and put a couple cars on him. I let off at about fifty this time and let him go by me as I maintained the speed limit.

He eventually blended in with traffic and disappeared. It was fun. I have to say that his car looked good and sounded good as well, as far as imports are concerned. There was nothing tacky about it at all. :)

Also, I was quite impressed at hard my stock car pulled. That was the first time I actually got on it! :eek:

I test drove a '99 T/A yesterday. Wow, talk about no traction. But amazingly fast. Good kill!