Killed my Audiobahn sub, looking for a replacement

Brooks

I killed my Audiobahn ALUM-12Q last week and it's out of warranty. I haven't spoken to Audiobahn about having it repaired yet but plan to do so today.

I have a Fosgate 501S amplifier and I'm looking for a 12" sub to replace the ALUM-12Q if repair costs are too high. Does anybody have any recommendations?

Charles Brooks

Not too sure what you're looking to spend, But I've heard lots of good things about the Imave Dynamics IDMAX series. I'm planning on picking one up myself shortly.

Hi Mike, I didn't see any audio stuff on your web page. How much would a single HC12 run?

I've got an Infinity Perfect 12" DVC sub (1400 Watts) I'm selling in a custom 1 sq/ft box box.

$325 for the pair.Used 3 months

well - nobody else said it so I will. The Audiobahn breaking is a good thing. It's really a poor excuse for a sub.

That being said - The Resonant Engineering is a great sub for not alot of cash.
It really depends on what you are wanting the end result of your system to be.
Do you want to pound the windows out or try to create the music accuratly? There are subs that will do both but, they are usually high $$$ (300+ for each sub PLUS big power to run them)

I would definitly recomend a R.E. XXX sub

My brother just bought one, with the right box, one 15" will destroy the competition

Even an RE 12" will kill the competition or most people you know =).

Didn't know Fullthrottle had subs in stock =x, especially RE's!