Kindle Fire...what do you think?

PLAINWHITE T

Tree peddler
I just ordered one of these for my wife for Christmas. She has an older Kindle and uses it quite a bit and I thought she would appreciate the upgrade. Does anyone own or worked with the new Kindle Fire care to give their thoughts on it?

I'd like to hear. My wife loves her regular Kindle. Kids actually like reading on it as well.

Peter

I had actually done a lot of reading about the Fire and preordered one. Then, a few days later they announced the Nook Tablet, and I canceled the Fire. The Nook is about $50 more, but for me it was a better choice due to "on board" storage. The Fire didn't have much on board memory, but has I think unlimited storage (or a lot of it) on their "cloud" online storage. I needed the on board memory for when I am underway on the ship. No "cloud" service out in the middle of the pond. ;)

Either one is a great buy, and a great tablet. They really did a lot of research and engineering with good parts and operations. They are really killing the iPad!

ordered my wife one from Amazon dot com about 2 weeks ago for $199 and she absolutely loves it! Got the leather cover as well for like another $40....

SHE IS HAPPY SO THATS ALL THAT MATTERS, HER AND HER MOM BUY BOOKS "TOGETHER: AND SHARE AT LIKE $5 A BOOK... sorry for the caps its late lol.

My Grandmother bought one. She is very happy with it. She can play games like Angry Birds and read her books. She also thought it was very simple to get the hang of. BUT big BUT here, she works for a Computer software company in the IT department, so maybe she is not the best judge for that matter..

Getting my wife a Nook tablet for a Christmas present. The added memory and SD card was a BIG plus over the Kindle.

Bryan