kirbans Underhood body braces

Sal Lubrano

I just purchased a set of kirbans underhood body braces. I did not get any instructions. I am confused where to drill. Could someone send me a copy of the instructions please. Turbo1002@aol.com or maybe a pic of them installed.
Thank you

Mine are not Kirbins. I made them myself and had them painted body color. But they should be very close.

Attachments

• IMG_3499.jpg
    IMG_3499.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_3500.jpg
    IMG_3500.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_3501.jpg
    IMG_3501.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_3502.jpg
    IMG_3502.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 443
nice....can you tell a differance? I have all of kirbans braces except the under the hood

Can't say, I just put them on as well as the underbody ones. I plan to use the trans brake this year with my new Turbonectics 72 S-trim bb turbo. So I thought Id better install them now before I cause some twisting. I have the poly body bushings including the GNX ones and the rear seat braces so the car always felt tight, no rattles or popping. The hardest part to the install is getting the wrench on the nut on the inside of the inner fenderwell. Otherwise it was simple. I would say it took me about 1/2 hour to install both.

Hey Sal if you call up Kirban they can fax you the instructions I lost mine for the front frame brace and they sent faxed it right to me.

I made all of my braces from 3/4 inch EMT from Home Depot. Total cost under $20 for rear seat, under frame in front and under hood.

Home Made Braces

Hi There,
Would you be kind enough to post pics of the rest of your braces?
Would be very helpful for those of us looking to make similar braces for our cars.

Thanks in advance,
NK!!

Go to Home Depot and pickup a piece of 3/4 inch EMT. I used a pipe bender, small sledge hammer and a large vice to make my bends and flats. The pipes are much stronger than you think.