Knock detection for FAST?

SpeedBall

I have a Seq. FAST system and wanted to know if there is any way to watch for knock with this system? I have the wideband and an EGT to watch thing, but I was thinking a knock reading would be pretty nice.

I think a knock gauge is the only thing you have available. I have the B2B system, but just installed a knock gauge as well (for when I don't want to drag a laptop around). But the lack of a knock sensor is the ONLY reason I went with the B2B vice the sequential....

Derrick

There are newer, more sophisticated knock sensors these days, but a GM knock sensor and module (what the FAST was originally designed to work with) just aren't good items to have in many applications. Solid valvetrains, forged pistons, and loud exhaust systems often throw this particular sensor for a loop.

Because the current ECU design has a limited amount of I/O, the knock sensor was removed as a feature from the sequential systems. Most sequential systems are on race engines burning very high octane fuel as well. So by the time a GM knock sensor actually detected true knock with 110 or higher octane fuel, it's probably too late anyways.

I'd look into the J&S Safeguard setup. Seems pretty cool.

I usually just run C16.
Next year I plan to push it hard with the new suspension work to see if I can get close to 9's.....

I get what your saying about it beeing to late especially at hi boost levels.