Knock diagnosis and trouble code 45?

Fenrir

I'm helping with a car that has run into some knock and a trouble code of 45. I've searched and checked some things and have others yet to check but I was wondering if anyone lese could point something out I might be missing. Here's the combo: stock internals, TE44, 009s, Red's 93 chip, 3" ATR downpipe, Wablro 340 w/ hot wire, RJC Powerplate, stock intercooler. We're using DirectScan.

The boost is set for 15 but knock appears at 10 lbs, maybe less. Fuel pressure is less about 44 with the line off. The O2s are a bit over 700 and the BLMs range from 91 to 128. The knock retard at the highest was up to 7 degrees. Knock count over 10. We couldn't hear the knock however.

We're getting a trouble code of 45 which is rich exhaust. At start up or at launch there is a lot of dark smoke. When the powerplate was installed the plenum and lower intake was coated black. Our theory is the PCV is picking up oil from the valley pan. Could the oil be causing the rich exhaust trouble code? Would that cause the car to run poorly? If it is causing the O2 to believe it's running rich the ECM would be pulling fuel and causing a lean condition yet still display a rich condition which could lead to the knock, correct?

We've got some race gas and hopefully that will help us determine if it's false knock or not.

fpr

I had the same problem and the cause was the a bad fuel pressure regulator diapram changed it and that solved the problem hope this helps.

I'm starting to think that could be part of the problem. The fuel pressure drops fairly quickly after shutting the car down. Where could one order parts for an adjustable fuel pressure regulator?