Knock sensor circut function question

ATEURV8

Well it seems my MAF is on its way out. So while troubleshooting that I noticed that on my Snap on scan tool it says that it sees knock any time the engine is running. I have had detination trouble if you punch it for a while but have just kept my foot out of it as I have not had time to check it out or to adjust my turbo tweak chip. If the engine is off with the key on,:confused: it shows no knock... I tried unpluging the sensor and it acts the same. I tried to rap on the back of the block with the engine off and it still shows constant knock with it running and none with it off. It is not pulling any timing even if it does detonate enough I can hear it. I can't find my manual (I think the ex tossed it...) so I cant read up on how it works And it has been so long I can't remember how it functions. ESC module bad maybe?

I would try to read it with a different scan tool first. The tool might not be displaying the correct information. Before you spend a lot of time and money tracing down something that might not even be there.

Well, I spent sme more time with it this morning and it seems that the snap on dispalys yes for knock if the counter has counted. So it always shows something on start up. I cleaned up the connections on everything and while doing that I found the bracket that the esc module is on a little loose. I dont know if it grounds through that or not but whatever I did it seems to be pulling timing if I give it the rap test or drive it and it detonates a little. My Maf seems to have fixed it's self which wories me some. I did take it off and clean it though. I guess I will try to tune it a little better and see if it helps. It has been running good for an everyday driver recently. I just took it on an eight hour round trip with no issues and got 23 mpg.

I forgot to add that my maf will go up to 233? I thought 225 was it. Is this a sure sign it is going?

Only 15 pounds. My buddy reminded me it is 255 I borrowed a good MAF from him and I am going to see it helps the intermitent cutting out.