Lacr

Jeff Rand

Palmdale will be running a test and tune on Friday 11/26. Gates open at 5:00PM and racing starts at 5:30PM and I think the price is $15.00. If it does not snow,I will be there!
Jeff

JEFF, I thought all the Buick Turbo guys dislike LACR because of 1- Elevation of track, 2- Condition of track, 3- distance to track, 4- track personell. Well alease these are the excused all the racer gave me when I try to set up racing at LACR anyway have fun and try to keep warm.

Steve Hurst- President-BGNRA " And damm proud of it"

Originally posted by hurstbuick
JEFF, I thought all the Buick Turbo guys dislike LACR because of 1- Elevation of track, 2- Condition of track, 3- distance to track, 4- track personell. Well alease these are the excused all the racer gave me when I try to set up racing at LACR anyway have fun and try to keep warm.

Steve Hurst- President-BGNRA " And damm proud of it"

Yes Steve LACR is not my first choice but the need for speed is blinding me. Also with my current schedule I have problems racing at Irwindale on Thurs. and Barona is not runnig this weekend. By the way I never had a issue with the track personal and the track conditions at times were excellent.
My problem with the BGNRA bracket racing at Palmdale can be summed up in two words: poor attendence that would result in a two day test and tune. And due to the lack of cars, the Buicks would go to the end of the line as far as racing prefence.

Originally posted by XxDarkSidexX
jeff are u going solo or with the gang?

if the whole crew is goin ill come out of my hole n get some video.

I will be going solo but Rick Percy and Paul Harris said they would come out to lend a hand.
Jeff.

Originally posted by hurstbuick
...I thought all the Buick Turbo guys dislike LACR because of 1- Elevation of track, 2- Condition of track, 3- distance to track, 4- track personnel. Well least these are the excuses all the racer gave me when I try to set up racing at LACR...

I'd say that's a fair assessment. To that, I'd also add that there aren't the number of 1/4 mile racers there used to be; it's kind of down to the consistent diehards like myself, Neal, Tim & his TR-powered Skylark, Scott "GN-ota", Jeff and Reggie. Jason has scaled back his racing a bit, I'm pretty sure Randy has retired, and I don't see Paul as much as I used to. Also, the LACR events were usually held the week following a Street Legal Drag outing, and two straight weeks of racing doesn't fit into my schedule. At the last SLDrag event on November 13th at CA Speedway there were over 400 cars, but only four TRs (Ken from LB, myself, Neal, Dennis(?)) and one TTA (Frank) in attendance.

Morgan
'87 GN; high 10s...finally!

I'm going to try and see you guys at Irwindale soon. My schedule during the winter months is much less demanding and allows me more fun time.

As some others have mentioned LACR is just too far. Ditto for Fontucky. I've never raced at Fontucky but I understand it is "rice city" and overcrowded. I wish Irwindale was a 1/4 mile track, but I guess we should just be glad there is a track there period. Hope to see you guys soon. :)

Originally posted by XxDarkSidexX
hey i couldn't make it today cus i went out shopping, how did it go?

pics/vids??

Well it was a nice evening weather wise. I had several problems that started with my intercooler hose blowing off and ended with a head gasket issue. Got in two runs and the hose blew at various stages of the pass. The second run was 11.3 at 86 mph with a 1.58 sixty. Also my oil leak that I have been fighting with seems to be coming from the rear main seal. One other thing happened when I was loading the car on the trailer; the intercooler pipe that blew off caught on the trailer and broke. Other then that it was a great night.
Jeff

wow sounds like fun im sorrie i missed it. Hmm intercooler hose blew off for u too aye? Wasn't lou and reggie plagued with the same problem @ carlsbad? Not anything crazy but just any observation, have heard many problems of this nature. Im starting to wonder if IC clamp failures are a human error or mechanical????

BTW im still out of the game for awhile, i just barley got my health insurance back after 8 months of no rehab or med's! Still no job ether....But i got my AA and am transfering to CSULB soon. ASAP im trying to find a job and tackle this oil leak i have, i finally landed a spot to work on my car after all this time so now all i need is the $$ to fix my problems (LF fender replacement, bent axile replacement and tuning cpu and chip).

Once i start on the GN i will be around and in full force once again. This next time around is going to be ballz out GN, so expect racing everywhere i can phsyically goto, and video's & DVD recording/PROmoting/showing/blowingaway EVERYTHING!

Mark

Wow, wish I had seen the post before today:( Tracks down the road from me and Im hoping to take the car there once the alkys in. As far as some of the comments on the track, I find it interesting that people will drive 300 miles to Vegas, for a track that is only 300 ft. lower elevation:confused: LACR is definately an older track, but from what I hear Carlsbad was a real dump and as far as going to Irwindale to run an 1/8 mile, Id rather just open it up on the streets out here, Id get a longer run than that! I'll have to check the SW forum more often.

Palmdale

Originally posted by smokin'6
Wow, wish I had seen the post before today:( Tracks down the road from me and Im hoping to take the car there once the alkys in. As far as some of the comments on the track, I find it interesting that people will drive 300 miles to Vegas, for a track that is only 300 ft. lower elevation:confused: LACR is definately an older track, but from what I hear Carlsbad was a real dump and as far as going to Irwindale to run an 1/8 mile, Id rather just open it up on the streets out here, Id get a longer run than that! I'll have to check the SW forum more often.
You can't compare Vegas & Palmdale.The Vegas track is way better. Less crosswind blowing sand across the track.Nicer pits & well run. Plus whats there to do in Palmdale. Vegas is a happening town. As the story goes I met a girl once that said kiss me where it stinks. So I took her to Palmdale lol

wasn't comparing the tracks, was comparing the elevation, people say ohhh palmdale is too high, well its only 300 ft higher than vegas :rolleyes: