Lane Automotive Car Show

Car Show

I am thinking about going.
Not sure if I'm bringing the GN or 68 El Camino.
Probably the El Camino.
The show has something to do with the year 1968.
Are you bringing any of your cars?
Jason
AffordableGN

I'm planning on bringing my Regal to the Lane show Saturday. I'm taking the GSX to the Valpo cruise night Friday and had it in Bowling Green so its the Regals' turn. Paul

Car Shoe

I ended up taking the Buick to Lane's Car Show in Watervliet, Michigan.
I met some new guys from Michigan.
One of their cars was a low mileage original GN.
I think it had around 24,000 miles.
It was a super clean original car.
I told them about the Midwest Buick Challenge at Osceola, IN dragstrip.
They said they would try to make it.
There were about 5 GN's and a few T-Types.
There must have been around 1000 cars.
Here are some pictures of the show.
I'm the first ugly guy with the GN.

Lane Car Show Pics

Here are the pictures from the show.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 214
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 222
What time did you get there to get those spots??? I got there with my car at 8:30 and was car #808. There must have been 1,000 cars there by 9am. we were parked in the grass in front... with the trunk of the car facing the driveway into lane.

Please keep me in mind for any car shows that you think are cool like that in the michiana area. Thanks, Paul

Car Show

I didn't get there until after 12 noon.
I started driving the 68 El Camino up and it blew the oil pan gasket out.
It's the first time I had trouble with it since I got it together in 2002.
I went home and got the trusty Buick out!
I got a good spot because people we're leaving when I got there.
I'm glad I was late because I ended up by the front door.
The picture was taken just after the show.
One of the GN's was parked by me and got a good spot.
The others were parked around back.
I didn't even get to see all the cars.
I estimated over 1000 cars also.
The weather was perfect for the show.
I went two years ago when it was a scorcher.
Last year the weater was rainy and cold so I didn't go.
I hope you'll be at the Midwest Buick Challange.
That is my home track in Osceola, Indiana.
It is nice to have a track so close to home.
I think I am going to Norwalk next weekend.
I went to Bowling Green but didn't race my car.
I hope to make some passes in Norwalk.
Maybe I'll see you there!

That was my dad on the far right. He got there at 6:30am to get on the pavement. Thanks for the photos!

Friday night we were in the open header cruise, we were one of 30 cars in the cruise through town. We were definitely not the loudest, but the turbo is loud and clear with the block off removed from the TH downpipe. It is really fun to watch all the people on the sidewalks quickly turn their heads from the big V8's to see where that loud WHINE is coming from!

The lot was already overfull by the time the cruise reached the parking lot! Never seen so many there on a Friday night!

Too bad I missed the show on Saturday. Hope to have my 84 presentable for next year.

man

you guys have got to keep us posted on these showes us boys in sturgis would love to come out and play there are a few of us...... but any way hope to be down at oc. soon and also for the midwest last year was great.. we all need to get together some time... i know tim from sb is trying to get all of us sturgis guys down there

chris

RNS turbo buick racing

That was my dad on the far right. He got there at 6:30am to get on the pavement. Thanks for the photos!

Friday night we were in the open header cruise, we were one of 30 cars in the cruise through town. We were definitely not the loudest, but the turbo is loud and clear with the block off removed from the TH downpipe. It is really fun to watch all the people on the sidewalks quickly turn their heads from the big V8's to see where that loud WHINE is coming from!

The lot was already overfull by the time the cruise reached the parking lot! Never seen so many there on a Friday night!

Too bad I missed the show on Saturday. Hope to have my 84 presentable for next year.

Your Dad bragged you up pretty good. His car is pretty cool, you did some nice work to that thing. He had a sheet that explained what all you did. It was nice meeting him.

you guys have got to keep us posted on these showes us boys in sturgis would love to come out and play there are a few of us...... but any way hope to be down at oc. soon and also for the midwest last year was great.. we all need to get together some time... i know tim from sb is trying to get all of us sturgis guys down there

chris

RNS turbo buick racing

All of the cars in the picture are coming to the Midwest Buick Challenge. You guys gotta come and see that all stock low miles GN. That is one of the cleanist all original cars I have ever seen.

Should be alot of cars cominf to O.C. for that event. I know Tim is excited about having a big turn out for that event. Several of us our, hope to see all you Sturgis boys there.

Car Show

It was nice meeting your dad and all the other Buick guys.
Did he find a Transmission TV cable yet.
He said he was looking for one.
Just post it in the parts wanted section.
I hope it's nothing more serious with his tranny.

I was going to try to make the cruise but ran out of time on Friday.
I ended up at Precision Turbo for some 83 Lb injectors.
There's just not enough time in the day!

chris

RNS turbo buick racing

We were all talking about going to Osceola Friday for test and tune.
If it's not raining we should be there for a few passes.
I talked to Tim and he said he would be there if the weather permits.
He hasn't run his car yet and it looks and sounds awesome.
I might head to Norwalk on Sunday to watch.
We would have went Friday and Saturday but it looks like rain.
Sunday looks good for anyone who wants to go to Norwalk.
Let us know when you sturgis guys want to come down and play.
We always have more fun with lots of Buicks at the party!
We will try to keep you posted.
Take Care,
Jason
AffordableGN

hey guys there is a car show at the EAGLES club on us 12 in sturgis this sat. from 8-1230 you guys should come in mabey we can all get together for it.

chris

if you need more info. u can call my cell at 269-503-0963