Large Oil Leak, Valve Cover Spacers?

qwic87gn

I've been battling an oil leak for a couple days now, and am about to lose it. There isn't any oil coming directly from the rear of the motor. Below the back of the intake is dry, as well as the crank. After several minutes of the motor running, there will be a puddle of oil about 3" dia, coming from both sides of the motor. I'm using stock valve covers, with RJC spacers. All surfaces were cleaned, cork gaskets on the cover and the "right stuff" applied to everything. Then I tried the gasket dry and "right stuff" to only the head/spacer. Same result.
I'm not positive that all this oil is coming from the valve covers... but I don't know where else it could be coming from on the sides of the block. I can see a drip of oil on the back corner of both heads, and no where else. I've had the valve covers off many times before and never had a problem with leaks. Now I've got a fresh stroker that I need to break in, and I've a got an oil leak that I can't stop... it was comical, now I'm pissed.

Anybody else used these spacers and got them to seal? What's the trick?

I've been battling an oil leak for a couple days now, and am about to lose it. There isn't any oil coming directly from the rear of the motor. Below the back of the intake is dry, as well as the crank. After several minutes of the motor running, there will be a puddle of oil about 3" dia, coming from both sides of the motor. I'm using stock valve covers, with RJC spacers. All surfaces were cleaned, cork gaskets on the cover and the "right stuff" applied to everything. Then I tried the gasket dry and "right stuff" to only the head/spacer. Same result.
I'm not positive that all this oil is coming from the valve covers... but I don't know where else it could be coming from on the sides of the block. I can see a drip of oil on the back corner of both heads, and no where else.

Anybody else used these spacers and got them to seal? What's the trick?

I have got the RJC spacers on my engine. What i did was silicone the spacers to the valve covers using the high temp orange rtv/silicone. once i applied the RTV on the covers i put the spacers on the covers and then i turn them rite side up and set a sack of books on them to make sure that the spacers were firmly sealed to the covers i let them sit for a few hours this way. I then used the blue perma dry plus felpro valve cover gaskets and i have had no problems. I have had the valve covers off the engine 3 times now and not had any issues getting them to seal up.

HTH

Pat Broughton