Largo/Clearwater FL ?

KWIKR 1

I'll be in the Largo/Clearwater FL area June 24 for 10+ days with a good buddy to have some fun and hang out on the beaches .

1) Anything going on around this time worth checking out (car related or non car related ) ?

2) Good places to eat/kick back and have a few beers ?

Thinking about heading south to the Keys . How far of a drive would it be from Clearwater ?

theres a car show saturday nites in largo. contact red regal t or julio @ alkycontrol.com for more info. key west is quite a ways from clearwater. id say about a 6+ hour drive. its like 4 hours from where im at (tampa) to miami. btw, on the off chance my car is finished by then ill be at the car show on saturday. if you drive up and down the beach there are lots of fun nice places to eat. shepherd is pretty popular along with some others i dont know of. just search it online, they'll come up.

theres a car show saturday nites in largo. contact red regal t or julio @ alkycontrol.com for more info. key west is quite a ways from clearwater. id say about a 6+ hour drive. its like 4 hours from where im at (tampa) to miami. btw, on the off chance my car is finished by then ill be at the car show on saturday. if you drive up and down the beach there are lots of fun nice places to eat. shepherd is pretty popular along with some others i dont know of. just search it online, they'll come up.

Is that the Burger King in Largo ? I was there a few years ago . Pretty good turn out of all types of cars .. :) Thanks .

Theres also a cruise on friday nights at a place called Biff Burger in St. Pete. On 49th stret, just north of 38th ave, i think. Its an old 50's style burger joint. Mostly older muscle cars, and some old rods show up, but theres always a few guys with some newer stuff there too. It goes from around 6-9, they have raffles and such, plus real good food and decently cheap beer. Not as many cars as the burgerking cruise (not nearly the amount of parking space) but a damn fun time none the less. As far as good places to eat, shepards, as was recommended. I'm in st. pete, so i can reccomend a BUNCH of good places around here and out on st. pete beach if you make it down this way (maybe a 20 min drive from clrwtr/largo, depending where exactly youre coming from and going to). as an alcoholic:smile: , i know ALL the good bars in the area, and my personal favorite, that I'm at every fri and sat, and a few weekdays, is annie moore irish pub, on st. pete beach. I sort of work there (help out around the bar, run karaoke if theyre doing it that night, drink for free:) ). theres a great staff, great atmosphere, cheap drinks, always a fun time. Everytime we have new people come in there, from out of town, they always say by the end of the night they feel like this is their freindly local hangout, and they will definitely be back next tiem theyre in town. Just do a google for annie moore in st. pete and read what other people have to say about it. If you want any more specific info on whats going down in teh area, dont hesistate to PM me. Enjoy your stay in FL!!

Theres also a cruise on friday nights at a place called Biff Burger in St. Pete. On 49th stret, just north of 38th ave, i think. Its an old 50's style burger joint. Mostly older muscle cars, and some old rods show up, but theres always a few guys with some newer stuff there too. It goes from around 6-9, they have raffles and such, plus real good food and decently cheap beer. Not as many cars as the burgerking cruise (not nearly the amount of parking space) but a damn fun time none the less. As far as good places to eat, shepards, as was recommended. I'm in st. pete, so i can reccomend a BUNCH of good places around here and out on st. pete beach if you make it down this way (maybe a 20 min drive from clrwtr/largo, depending where exactly youre coming from and going to). as an alcoholic:smile: , i know ALL the good bars in the area, and my personal favorite, that I'm at every fri and sat, and a few weekdays, is annie moore irish pub, on st. pete beach. I sort of work there (help out around the bar, run karaoke if theyre doing it that night, drink for free:) ). theres a great staff, great atmosphere, cheap drinks, always a fun time. Everytime we have new people come in there, from out of town, they always say by the end of the night they feel like this is their freindly local hangout, and they will definitely be back next tiem theyre in town. Just do a google for annie moore in st. pete and read what other people have to say about it. If you want any more specific info on whats going down in teh area, dont hesistate to PM me. Enjoy your stay in FL!!

Annie Moore sounds like a good place . maybe we'll see you there ! :) I'm on West Bay Dr close to "Sand Key" . shouldn't be to hard to find .

KWIKR 1
Visit Ft.DeSoto , you can make it an all day or 1/2 day at the beach with a cookout. I have only been gone from there 5 yrs, but all of the family is still there. Biff Burgers is a great fun and show without the overcrowding. Make sure you visit the pier in St.Pete. also. They used to have car shows there also,but I am not sure about now.There are great places to eat there also now (not when I was growing up).You can drive to Tampa and visit the "Busch Gardens"(all day beer and rides).There is also the Aquarium in Tampa .Everything between Tampa, St.Petersburg and Clearwater is about 45 min away.If you go to Ft.DeSoto you can always take a cruise over the skyway bridge too. Check out Johns Pass in Madeira beach.You can take deep sea fishings from there :D
Last- don't forget your fishing and snorkeling gear ! :biggrin:
(SUNSREEN- LOT'S OF IT IF YOU ARE NOT USED TO IT! Don't let clouds fool you either- you usually get burnt worse!)
Hope this is helpful !
Suzy