Las Vegas [West coast nationals]

opeltwinturbo said:
2,076 miles for me. I'll be there. First stop is Noble, OK the week before.

We're gonna miss you at Reynolds this year. It's a shame they fall on the same weekend. I would love to attend both.

HighPSI said:
We're gonna miss you at Reynolds this year. It's a shame they fall on the same weekend. I would love to attend both.
Oh, come on Cal. Try something new. It would be nice to have you out here.

While I will miss the bright lights in Vegas, this year's West Coast Nationals looks like it's shaping up to be a "Racer's Event." Racing non-stop from 6:00PM on Friday night till Sunday afternoon.

6868d6727bca3f89b9b7ace2ff64d9d2.jpg

well it looks like the date for the event has changed. some of the racer's want to attend reynolds and the west coast nats. the track has worked with us and changed our dates to the weekend after thanksgiving. i know this will put a wrench in the works for some. but we are trying to keep everyone happy as much as we can. we are working on the class's and i will post them wqhen we do. thanks. Len

Len, When you say "weekend after Thanksgiving" Do you mean Thanksgiving weekend (Turkey day is on Thurs) or the next weekend which would be the first weekend of December?

New dates.........

Scott Atk said:
Len, When you say "weekend after Thanksgiving" Do you mean Thanksgiving weekend (Turkey day is on Thurs) or the next weekend which would be the first weekend of December?

Dates are now Friday, Nov. 24 [6 PM gate open], Saturday Nov. 25 [9 AM gate open] and Sunday Nov. 26 [9 AM gate open].

Nick Micale said:
Dates are now Friday, Nov. 27 [6 PM gate open], Saturday Nov. 25 [9 AM gate open] and Sunday Nov. 25 [9 AM gate open].
Nick! Put the beer down and recheck those dates for us.

Scott Atk said:
sorry. i mean the weekend of thanksgiving. as in we will be eating on thur. and racing fri.

lets make up our minds... i put in for vacation for Nov 3 week.. now i'm going to have to figure out something to get out of that week :mad: ..

Yeeeehaaaaaaaaa

so were going racing on the 3rd, and the 24th !!!!!!
3rd in Phx, and 24th & 25th in LV.,
that, I can enjoy !!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

cruzn57 said:
so were going racing on the 3rd, and the 24th !!!!!!
3rd in Phx, and 24th & 25th in LV.,
that, I can enjoy !!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
no! we are racing in phoenix thanksgiving weekend.

I see, said the blind man

so, its just nov 24-26 in phx, no racing on the 3rd!
and nuthin in LV.....

now I need to change hotel reservations to 24th

thanks

ok

is it just me or does this seem to be a bad time to have the event. not only is it thanksgiving but im guessing alot of people will be spending time at home with the family and what not. for me its bad because everyone and there mother in my shop of 8 or so is trying to take time off then. i would rather it be a weekend where nothing is going on like holidays. please let me know. im going to try my hardest to get up there but we will see with these *******s i work with now its going to be hard.

who was the one that picked Thanksgiving weekend? for people like me with no family or friends it's OK, but i think other people will have plans.. i think the DATE needs to be re-visited one more time.... i don't want to drive 5 hours to show up and only see 5 buicks racing :mad: ..

yup

i would have to agree. i dont have kids and it usally wouldnt be a problem but with the new job area it sucks. my buddy down here in tucson might not be able to make it either since it turkey day and he has a wife and family in the area.

sorry guy's. i knew this date change would upset some of the racer's. but this is the date we are sticking to. hope you can make it.

The date is fine for me. A long weekend of racing? Now that's my idea of a holiday. :p

Ah, come on......

your gonna stuff your self thursday, what else you gonna do afterwards???
I welcome the idea to get away for the weekend, leave the left over turkey to the dogs, and come and eat hot dogs at the track!
I hope I see many of you there, moving slowly after all that turkey, ha ha ha

cruzn57