Last day at the track for the year...# hunting.

Figure with the cold weather setting in I'd offer up this video of my last track outing of 2014 just to have something to look at.

After the GS Nationals Kip, Colin and I came home and did some tuning on the new combo. We figured there was a 10.xx in the set up but I wasn't able to get it at Bowling Green. I went the fastest I ever had but felt the time, effort and $$$ invested warranted one last 1/4 mile track outing for the year. After cold and rain shut down a few prior attempts the stars aligned one Sat and we went back to Bowling Green to try and get my 1st 10.xx

A budget freshen up. All stock internals minus cam, ported heads and intake. GN1 FMIC, Racetronix DP w/ Aeromotive 340's, TE 67 on E-85. After talking with Kip when the last stock style headgasket let loose, he figured at 124,000 it was time to do something. Couldn't be happier with this set up.

Nice run, was that snow on the sides?

Nope, Sunny and 70's, most of the day we had our T-Shirts on....

Yes! That's why we need pretty girls in the time Booth to kiss! I know that you were happy to see that. Congrats!

I can't complain. Went a 10.79 right off the trailer, spun about 60' out and ran 11.1x on the 2nd, 3rd was the 10.74 and a 10.66 for the last run. All were about the same mph of 126 on 23 lbs of boost.

Nope, Sunny and 70's, most of the day we had our T-Shirts on....

I can't complain. Went a 10.79 right off the trailer, spun about 60' out and ran 11.1x on the 2nd, 3rd was the 10.74 and a 10.66 for the last run. All were about the same mph of 126 on 23 lbs of boost.

Yikes! That fast on Baby Boost! Qwik and I are in trouble! Nice Job!

Reactions: 696
Im a new owner in the turbo buicks. How do you stay away from blowing head gaskets? I mean will it happen even if your A/F and timing is conservative? I just got my motor freshed up and don't want to replace a head gasket. I have a TT 5.7 chip too that will show up this week. And congrats on the time! I hope too be there to as my setup is very close to yours.

First you need a Scanmaster
THEN READ THIS
http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/Scantool_Readings.htm
I would suggest a new knock sensor.
Install it at the proper torque spec.
Tap on the block near it during idle and watch the Scanmaster to see if it picks up the knock and retards the timing.
That needs to be in working order.
Also look up Turbo Regal Spring Cleaning Guide.
Keep Us Posted.
Cheaper to ask a question than to fix a mistake!

Great info! Yes I have a Scantool on the car. Where is the best place to get a new knock sensor? Are they pretty easy to replace?

I'd buy it from rockauto. You can use the test to see if yours is working. I just feel better knowing its not too loose or too tight and its not old or damaged.

[QUOTE="696, post: 3499817, member: 31063"

I can't complain. Went a 10.79 right off the trailer, spun about 60' out and ran 11.1x on the 2nd, 3rd was the 10.74 and a 10.66 for the last run. All were about the same mph of 126 on 23 lbs of boost.[/QUOTE]

Got video or time slip of the 10.66 pass? I think you are the only person who would just pick a run and post it. Most always post the best they did on a particular day.

I want to see what it does when he really starts to let it eat! Car should really be a beast!

Sorry, been away from home and for some reason I can't log on very often.
Jas: IDC was around 76% with 79% being the highest.

The camero guy was pretty cool. I ask in the staging lanes if I could run next to him...it was the HHR in the 1st part of the video I would have been running against. He didn't care.
I did put head studs in the last time the engine was out. Trying to make sure the head gaskets stay in place.
Once I get home I will post up the 10.66 video...might as well, there is snow outside now.