Lc-1 Help!!!!

BarbeeT

Just starting
Hi there I have an 84 gn with the with the complete 86/87 ecm and ignition swap, I have the LC-1 wideband kit from innovate motorsports, and I had alot of problems getting it to work and finally got it to work, it was heating up, and I drove with it for awhile and everything seemed to be ok I was getting good readings from my powerlogger and then a week or 2 later I go for a drive and nothing was working! no readings from my powerlogger or nothing??????? And i know its bad to drive with the sensor in and not working but I have been for a fews weeks:( What im asking is does anyone have something I could see or an easier way to follow to get this thing hooked up and working correctly????? Any help would be great!!! Thanks Kevin

Use the LogWorks3 software and the data cable that came with the LC-1 and see whats up.

Where is the lc-1 getting it's grounds from?

ok Ill have to install that software, and im not sure where the grounds are goin! umm where should they go???

FWIW, the LC-1 is notorious for being a pain the ass and I'm going to ditch mine this year for an AEM. I've literally grounded it to the battery and mine still freezes at WOT in my GTO, I've heard nothing but good things about the AEM.

Good luck

I take it you personnally didn't install the powerlogger and wideband?

If so go read this http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/LC-1_Manual.pdf

To understand the importance of grounding everything to one lug to prevent ground offsets. Section 2,subsection 3

But I still think you have a PL(powerlogger) issue if you can't get it to connect tp your laptop.

The LC1 has been trouble free for me, but I was very precise about the install and set up.