LC1 Wideband Question

t3intercooled

Does anyone know where a good spot to route the wires from the wideband to the inside of the car Via the passenger side?

TRY SPEEDO CABLE GROMMIT IN FIREWALL OR SHIFTER CABLE GROMMIT IN FLOOR TUNNEL OR DRILL A HOLE OR.....:eek: :eek:

There is a large grommet underneath the A/C box on the firewall, that the HVAC vacuum tubes run through, I drill a hole in that everytime I install an alky kit, and it has plenty of room, for whatever wires you want to run through it.

O Did Not See Pass Side ,there Is A Big Rubber Grommit Where The Ele Harness Goes To The Ecm In The Floor -firewall

i was going to ask same question couse i am install lc1 and alky kit right now and I was think by ac was going to be a good place this confirms it thanks...

I routed mine over the top of the tranny, then up through the floor next to the shifter cable up under the console. Worked out prett good. The LCI is mounted inside the frame rail passenger side.

There is a large grommet underneath the A/C box on the firewall, that the HVAC vacuum tubes run through, I drill a hole in that everytime I install an alky kit, and it has plenty of room, for whatever wires you want to run through it.

Is there a better place to see it from, like under the car or unde the hood? Where under the AC box is it? Is it near the blower motor or the other side or in between? Sorry for the questions maybe I am blind, just having a hard time seeing it:redface:

It's easier to see the grommet from the inside of the car, move the ecm, it's near that on the firewall. I usually drill a hole in that grommet from the inside, then route something like coathanger through the hole, it'll hit the inner fender and then go up, then you should be able to see it under the hood. Tape the wires to it, then pull it back into the car along with the wires.

It's easier to see the grommet from the inside of the car, move the ecm, it's near that on the firewall. I usually drill a hole in that grommet from the inside, then route something like coathanger through the hole, it'll hit the inner fender and then go up, then you should be able to see it under the hood. Tape the wires to it, then pull it back into the car along with the wires.

Quck question, I see two rubber grommets. One is more near the floor and the other is up just under what looks like the ac box. I took a picture of each, is one of these wht your talking about?

Attachments

• floor grommet.JPG
    floor grommet.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 141
  • higher up gromment.JPG
    higher up gromment.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 135
Great pix! Much easier to tell you with those, it's the grommet on the bottom (of your post, with the fewest wires) I usually go through the right side of the grommet. Just drill a hole right there, and I usually use a very heavy gauge stiff wire to push through that and it'll run along the inner fender, then you should be able to see it around where the relays are.

Where did you end up purchasing the wideband? Been wanting to get one of those to help with the tune on mine...

Great pix! Much easier to tell you with those, it's the grommet on the bottom (of your post, with the fewest wires) I usually go through the right side of the grommet. Just drill a hole right there, and I usually use a very heavy gauge stiff wire to push through that and it'll run along the inner fender, then you should be able to see it around where the relays are.

Where did you end up purchasing the wideband? Been wanting to get one of those to help with the tune on mine...

LC1 from full throttle a friend of mine installed it in his and says its amazing

I routed mine thru the trans shifter groumet, then put the LM1 unit in the center console along with the Gen2 controller so they are completely hidden and out of sight, if you want to see the readout, just flip the console door open :) ...unless of course you drive this car all the time and want to use the console to store stuff :cool: