left blinker and lf parking lights not working

quickbrick

i need to get my car inspected by the end of the month. my left blinker is not working at all. when i turn my headlights on, the left turnsignal light(in the dash) is always on. the 2 parking lights on the left front side are not coming on at all either. the rear parking lights and right front work fine. the bulbs all look fine and i have replaced them.
i noticed a few weeks ago that the left blinker was cutting out. when you wriggle the wires going to the blinker bulb it would work fine for a while. and then now its not working at all. does this sound like a short, or some relay went bad? any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like a bad ground or bad socket. Have you tried buying a cheap little automotive current tester and probing the wires?

out of fluid? i hear pepboys sells blinker fluid especially formulated for TRs. :D

you. you may wanna look at the switch on dash panel mine when out and cause a similar problem. it was 5.99 ffrom checker

Originally posted by quickbrick
i got a fluke multimeter, ill test it when i get home from school tonight. thanks

I'm pretty sure the symptoms you described are indicitive of a burned out bulb. Those little pea sized bulbs in the upper front corner are usually the culprit, but not always.
If you turn your left turn signal on, and the lights (exterior and indicator) just come on and stay on without flashing, that's usually a bad bulb.

Check the flashers under the dash for the directionals, there should be two plug ins-one for the hazards and one for the turn signals.

Originally posted by 49-blues
Check the flashers under the dash for the directionals, there should be two plug ins-one for the hazards and one for the turn signals.

Flashers either work or they don't. They don't know from which side is being used. He has one good working side so it leaves out the flasher.
Besides the turn signal flasher is terrible to get at. The emergency flasher is the one mounted on the fuze panel.

Originally posted by TurboDave
I'm pretty sure the symptoms you described are indicitive of a burned out bulb. Those little pea sized bulbs in the upper front corner are usually the culprit, but not always.
If you turn your left turn signal on, and the lights (exterior and indicator) just come on and stay on without flashing, that's usually a bad bulb.
the lf exterior parking light wont come on at all. the corner one and the one on the bumper. im going to check grounds and voltage now. ill let ya know. ive changed the bulbs a few times already so i dont think that is the problem.

i tested for voltage and the parking light on the bumper had 0 volts at the socket and on the wire. the parking light on the corner had 11 volts.

the corner light does not work, unless you pull the bulb out of the bumper light, then it turns on but it is dim. the corner light always has voltage when the parking light switch is on, but the light only turns on when you pull out the lower bulb. also that corner light goes out when the turn signal is on.

blinker fluid,lol, i wish it was that easy:D

i saw a ground on the socket of the lower light, but it looked ok. the interior flasher light started flickering and going dim, when i pulled the lower bulb out.im stumped:confused:

i tested for voltage and the parking light on the bumper had 0 volts at the socket and on the wire. the parking light on the corner had 11 volts.

the corner light does not work, unless you pull the bulb out of the bumper light, then it turns on but it is dim. the corner light always has voltage when the parking light switch is on, but the light only turns on when you pull out the lower bulb. also that corner light goes out when the turn signal is on.

blinker fluid,lol, i wish it was that easy:D

i saw a ground on the socket of the lower light, but it looked ok. the interior flasher light started flickering and going dim, when i pulled the lower bulb out.im stumped:confused:

TTT

any electrical guru's in here

TTT

Just in case, clean up the grounds. They're located on the inside of each front fender toward the front. That is to say, one's right by the battery, and the other one is on the opposite side of the car in the same place.

Originally posted by irockwithdirt
Sounds like a bad ground or bad socket. Have you tried buying a cheap little automotive current tester and probing the wires?

good call, i found out it is the socket. i was cleaning the ground on the socket and as i pulled the ground out the light flickered. anyone know where i can get the socket?

Should be able to get a socket at any local NAPA parts store, prolly advance or the zone too. Be sure to pick up some shrink tube and solder the wires when ya change it. Glad you found your problem :)