Len read me please

maitai1993

ITS NOT A BLAZER......
Len my truck is still shifting from 1st to 2nd at like 30 mph do i loosen or tighten the TV cable...

Sounds like your TV pressure is set too high, checkout the following to reset it. Note the mph speeds below...that is when your shifts should occur.

http://www.detroitturbo.com/gallery/album06/tvcableadjust

Take a look at the piece in the green circle. To properly set the TV cable, you push in on the metal "D" tab(in purple circle), then push that piece in the green circle towards the drivers side as far as it will go. You can put your fingers on the cone shaped piece or the square piece right next to it....as they will move together. Once that is pushed all the way over, release the metal tab. That is maximum TV pressure. Then rotate the throttle linkage slowly to WOT. You will hear a few clicks, that is the teeth on the back side of the piece you just pushed over to the drivers side. Once you've rotated it to full WOT, you can take it out and test drive it.

The 1-2 shift should happen between ~11-16 mph at 20% throttle
The 2-3 shift should happen between ~24-30 mph
The shift to 4th at ~44 mph.

The teeth on the TV cable become worn after time. I would suggest replacing the cable if your trans is being rebuilt. They are around $30 from the dealership. You might even think about replacing the cable, if you can see the teeth at the end are worn out. I'll put up a pic of what the worn out teeth look like later on.

So just to make it clear. Pulling that piece in the green circle towards the passenger side will lower TV pressure. Pushing it in, towards the driver side will increase TV pressure.

HTH,

Scott
www.detroitturbo.com