lets convert 30 lb injectors to CC's...

PHD of Hotrods
Ok. ok. I did it.....but its just hadr for me to believe, so I think Im messed something up.....

Im comparing....30 lb tomco's to

rc 550 cc injectors.....

and to 450 cc

I show the 550 being bigger .....slightly....

But i did go thru maybe 5 conversions...

If I remember right you just take the injectors in lb/hr x 10.9 and you have them in ccs

Are you sure?

thats about what I was getting..... but heres the problem...

30 lb "buick style " injectors can support what...350 rwhp?

at 327 cc's?

And a supra needs 550's to make 350? a stock supra came with 450's (ithink) and some lexus's come factory with 550's? It just doesn t make sence.....

The figure used to multiply or divide injectors is 10.5.

So, the buicks have 28lb injectors, or 295 cc's each.

Its really hard to compare injector sizes to turbo imports as they have smaller engines, and need more fuel to make the same horsepower. So, they need more fuel and bigger injectors.

Ex, my 91 eagle turbo talon (2.0) has 390 cc injectors, it is only a 122 cubic inch motor. Those injectors are 37 lbs from the factory.

And a supra will honk out alot more than 350hp on 550 injectors.

The car came with 320 hp off the show room floor.

my 30lb injectors i used to have were like, 315cc's i think. i did all that math for a friend who was whining about how my car could only theoretically make about 150 hp or somethin.

they can support about 370 or so, or more, but if you go higher you are pushing them static possibly and that could cause some problems.

HTH

Injector Size

To get much more than 300 hp from the stock injectors, you have to go pretty lean, leaner than most folks like to run them for safety. The conversion is pretty simple. You just divide the injector size, in pounds/hr, by the brake specific fuel consumption, in pounds/horsepower-hour. The answer comes out in horsepower per injector. For an unblown engine, a good "first guess" is 0.5 for the BSFC. This would give 56 horsepower for each of the stock 28 pound injectors, or a total of 336. But most folks run their turbo engines rich, to prevent detonation, so the BSFC is more likely to be 0.6. That will give a little less than 50 horsepower per injector, or a total of about 300. It also matches up pretty well with the rating of the stock fuel pump. Of course, you can increase fuel pressure with a better pump, and get more flow per injector, but the above gives an idea of how the numbers work out. The cc rating on the imports matches up with the metric horsepower they produce. Then you have to figure out how to convert a metric horse to good old USA units. Easier just to buy American.