lifter chatter

89IndyTA

Never enough time........
After the rebuild of the engine and about 2500 miles on her I still have lifter chatter (seems extra loud, well above any others I have heard) This on a TTA, I have the rocker torqued down to 44 lbs like the manual states. What else would come into play here and are JOHNSON lifter worth a hoot? Or might the Ruggles 210/205 cam grind help pronounce the noise.........

TIA

lifter preload

Not certain what the actual preload is on my TTA, because the manual states to torque to 44 lbs........ and that is what I went for and left it at that.

I'm going to read in to this a bit, but I believe you are going to tell me to go by the preload and not a torque value correct?

Thanks!

I guess I will have to spend some more time with the ole girl, darn........;)

In my opinion 210/205 s have always been tickers. I had one in my car , set up correctly and it still ticked. A while back this issue was discussed, lots of folks had the same experiences.

Louie- Thanks for the reply on the cam I also have heard that this cam profile made some noise but, it always helps a guy out (mentally) to hear it from others that have dealt with this cam B 4.
I'll stil be spending some time setting the preload to quite as much as I can.

Thanks Gang...........................