Light Sage Metallic is here!

troGNman

Got Portholes?
Just got home and saw a big box on the kitchen table......a Light Sage Metallic and 2 WE-4s!!!!!

Awesome job again Ted!

It's been a long trip since I first met Ted. Almost 10 years ago he set up a small folding table at a local Buick meet at Englishtown Raceway Park. Ted was in the process of finding all of the current GNX owners and giving them the opportunity of having a GMP diecast to match their real GNX. Also included with the package was a neat print of Mike Doble who is known for being the father of the GNX.

When I spoke with Ted, I asked him "what about unclaimed numbers?" Some GNX owners are very low key, some cars go through many different owners, and some cars just don't exist anymore. "Who gets those?" He said he would put my name on a list and told me to wait until he exhausted all means of finding the current owners and then maybe a few "numbers" would become available. I didn't think much of it at the time until I got a call out of the blue with some good news. I almost passed on the package because I was already buying the regular GMP Buick releases. I'm glad I didn't.

Anyway, back to the Light Sage Metallic. I'm not complaining, but why this color over a Rosewood or Cream Beige? It will definately stand out in my display case with the other black cars!

thats cool u got one!!! and ted's a great guy..............but this thread is worthless without pics!!!!!!! :D

so who's both boxes say 1 of 199 ??

white and sage boxes of mine say 1 of 200 without the sticker covering the 200(should say 199 :) whats up? anyway i love the car!!!!!!!!!! cya alex

Box has an error, correct number is 199, not 200. Some got stickers to fix that, some didn't. Either way, it's only a 1 car mistake. Light Sage Metallic has been the most requested rare color over the years and it is clearly one of the best looking, so we went with it. I am very happy with the finished product, the color is amazingly exact.