Lighter wheels

tcgn

I have stock GN wheels,very heavy.Are there any performance gain by using lighter wheels?I would like to buy a set for using on street and for the strip together.Who has the lightest wheel that
can use for street & strip.(15x7) front 215/65/15,(15x10 with 3.75" rear back spacing) 295/50/15
:cool: Thanks in advance

15X10's with 3.75" backspacing is going to stick the tire outside the wheel well by about 1" and require fender surgury.

Weld Wheels are very light but can get bent pretty easily in street driving. People seem to use them, despite this, however.

Light wheels?

tcgn, I have some Monocoque Superlites and they're supposed to be among the lightest wheels you can buy...They're intended for drag racing only though...I have pics available too... I wanted to trade them just because I want another look for my Gn...but there's nothing wrong with them though..

Claude :).

I couldn't believe how lightweight my Centerline Telstars were the first time I picked one up - and they look great, too!

Buzz White in Housotn, TX

Originally posted by UNGN
15X10's with 3.75" backspacing is going to stick the tire outside the wheel well by about 1" and require fender surgury.

Weld Wheels are very light but can get bent pretty easily in street driving. People seem to use them, despite this, however.

Ya know, I hear this all the time on this board and yet have NEVER bent or cracked or damaged any of my Weld wheels. I've had many sets, I never torque them properly, hit potholes and whatever else is in my way, and never hurt one. Neither have any of my friends who also run Welds. I just went on a bonzai run in my nitrous'd mustand with Welds and hit this messed up part of the road on accident, which threw the car all over the place and probably got airborn, didn't hurt the wheels. Maybe I'm lucky, along with everyone I know.

I do love my centerline Telstars. I'd get those if I were you.

The Centerline Telstars sounds like a winner.Thanks you all for
responding.You guys are great!:)

Originally posted by turbosam6
Ya know, I hear this all the time on this board and yet have NEVER bent or cracked or damaged any of my Weld wheels. I've had many sets, I never torque them properly, hit potholes and whatever else is in my way, and never hurt one. Neither have any of my friends who also run Welds. I just went on a bonzai run in my nitrous'd mustand with Welds and hit this messed up part of the road on accident, which threw the car all over the place and probably got airborn, didn't hurt the wheels. Maybe I'm lucky, along with everyone I know.

I do love my centerline Telstars. I'd get those if I were you.

Were they Pro Stars ????

RD

I have a set of draglites, have had at least 2 or 3 sets, a set of rodlites, and my buddies have had pro stars and draglites. No cracks or bending. And none of us use a torque wrench when tightening.:)

Polished Centerline Auto Drags, around $800 3 years ago

15x8 ( 4" bs ) = 17lbs
15x10 ( 4.5" bs ) = 19 lbs

I had to call Centerline to get the part number for the 15x10 with the 4.5 bs.