Lightning Rod Shifter

rhunt

Has anyone installed a lightning rod shifter from a 442 into their GN? If so, are there any major modification to install? Also is it possible to install the system in a regular garden variety Regal or Olds Salon?

TIA

Roger

Roger the shifter mounts in a Buick & Olds are the same. They share the same shifters & handles.
Just make sure you have the bracketry for the lightning rods.The ones for the shifter cable on the trans & the shifter cable. I'm assuming you have the shifter plate.

If you have all the parts it bolts right in. The main thing is the cable and the Trans bracket for the cable. The mounting plate is simple I could trace mine for you and you could make it yourself. The original mounting bracket was one piece but the one you can buy now is a 2 piece here is a pic of my shifter. You can still get the cable from any of the auto parts stores I have the part number I can post it if you need it. I don’t have the console overlay yet but you can get them from Mark @ TR custom here is the link.
Console Kits

hurst4.jpg

hurst3.jpg

That set GNBrett linked to used to be mine. If you're lucky enough to get that guy to sell them to you that may be your best bet. The only reason I sold mine was because I liked the hurst quarter stick look better.