Longer up-pipe needed?

I have a prescision and a plate and its a tight fit.. I custom made my hoses a tiny bit longer to help a lil..

I have the Hemco, and I removed about a 1/2" off the intercooler end of the up pipe. With the added height of the plenum, I noticed the the pipe was rubbing the hood insulation. The alignment was also better after removing the 1/2". Alot will depend on your type of intercooler and it's alignment.

Theoretically, yes. The PTE doghouse is 5/8" taller than stock, is it not? Add a PP and an extra gasket and you're heading towards a full inch.

This helps clear the MAF ducting, pipe, hoses, whatever, but it can play hell with the hood pad.

Tubes, hoses and clamps. I could write a book. Most of the stuff I've seen, from OEM to aftermarket, is of poor fit and quality. PTE sells good hoses - silicone lined, multiple ply NOMEX reinforced. Have them make them up longer than standard. Clamps - well Breeze HD Spring Loaded T-Bolts ain't coming loose any time soon, even on the TB, where the nose is way too short thanks to some idiot designer...

I have a Precision housing and a RJC plate and used a longer hose from the TB to the up-pipe. It's at a funky angle but it works (I also have a V4 intercooler so the angle is a little different than stock).

Pic: http://www.turbojimmy.com/4in_MAF_1.jpg

My hood insulation rub is due to the vacuum block, not the up-pipe.

Jim