Lonnie @ EA positive experience

NyBlankets

Just thought I'd share

I called Lonnie today and got a hold of him on my second try. He was very helpful and spent time explaining and covering all my concerns in depth. Nothing serious, he gave me instructions on how to identify which TB was installed. He even called me back after leaving a message about one last question I needed to have covered. Thought I'd share and thank him publicly.

from Eddie stage 3 trans with electric brake, Thanks Lonnie!

Just thought I'd share

I called Lonnie today and got a hold of him on my second try. He was very helpful and spent time explaining and covering all my concerns in depth. Nothing serious, he gave me instructions on how to identify which TB was installed. He even called me back after leaving a message about one last question I needed to have covered. Thought I'd share and thank him publicly.

from Eddie stage 3 trans with electric brake, Thanks Lonnie!

I agree, Lonnies customer service is excellent! He has gone out of his way...literally...to ensure I was happy with the transmission and stroker motor build. His Stage 3 build is by far the best transmission I have owned in terms of shift quality and reliability. The motor he built me is also a solid piece which has taken some serious abuse over the last 4 years.

Datar

Hey Datar, good to hear and figured as much after my exchange with Lonnie, I wouldnt be alone in my experience.

Whats done to the cars rear and which driveshaft are you using? Thanks.

Eddie

Hey Datar, good to hear and figured as much after my exchange with Lonnie, I wouldnt be alone in my experience.

Whats done to the cars rear and which driveshaft are you using? Thanks.

Eddie

Hey Eddie,

The rear has a Eaton posi and gear-set with upgraded 28spline axles, the driveshaft is a Inland Empire 3.5" aluminum. I don't think this driveshaft is the hottest for transbrake launches from what I have read, the trans yoke is a cast aluminum piece. I am looking to swap to the larger 1350 yokes and joints next year.

Datar

All good parts Datar, my car is under the knife at the moment, have yet to decide on some of the parts, but she's coming together nicely and hopefully it all stays together. :cool:
Thanks for sharing your combo.

Eddie.

Yeah, Lonnie is customer service personified. I know I have posted this in the past but this is my experience with Lonnie.
I have had a Stage 1 transmission from Lonnie coming up on 2 years. After about 11 months I lost second gear and had several other issues with the transmission. When I contacted Lonnie he told me to get it to him and he would fix it free of charge which he did. I got the transmission installed and didn't drive my car for about 4 months due to being out of the country. This is my only car, my daily driver. Anyway,after returning I drive my car for about 6 months and with no warning I lost everything but 1st and reverse so again I contacted Lonnie. He once again told me to get the transmission to him and he would fix it free of charge to which I replied that I didn't want this transmission anymore and asked him what sort of deal he would make me on a Stage 2. He really went way beyond the call, beyond all expectations when he immediately responded with he would sell me the Stage 2 for the difference in price between the Stage 1 and the Stage 2. Now keep in mind that the Stage 1 had 20,000+ miles on it and was 20 months old!! Pretty impressive and generous. But it only gets better as far as customer service is concerned.
I have a local mechanic install the transmission and after driving the car for 3 days I get a call from my sister saying our mother is very ill and is going into Hospice. I jump in the car at 4 am the next morning and start the 15 hour drive to Savannah. About 5:30pm, midway between Jacksonville, Fl. and Brunswick Georgia I loose all transmission service. After getting a tow truck and not being able to get a rent a car in Kingsland Ga. I get a hotel room and call Lonnie. His response is classic customer service. Without asking what he could do he said " I'm building a new transmission for you tomorrow and I will drive down and install it for free" His shop is in Cincinnati 15+ hours of driving each way!!!!!
I left my car in Kingsland and drove to Savannah the next day. I got there in time and was able to be with my mother in her last few days in the world as she passed away quietly in her sleep.
Lonnie, true to his word came down and brought down the new Stage 2 but when he got the car on the lift he discovered that the mechanic who installed the transmission had not properly torqued down the bellhousing bolts and the bolts backed out, the transmission slid back and the pump broke as a result. He installed a new pump, test drove my car and started the long drive back to Cincinnati. I called him to see how things went and he explained what had happened. I thanked him profusely and asked him what I owed him to which he replied "just pay for my gas money". I was stunned. I can't and wont let him eat someone elses mistake especially after all the effort he made and the great deal he gave me. For me to say that Lonnie is the epitome of customer service would be a gross understatement. He far surpassed all obligations and warranties, actions of a good friend. Thank you Lonnie and if anyone wants a great product and customer service off the scale, Lonnie is the man.
Thanks for letting me rant. Ross
86 T Type EBC, EA Stage 3 with trans brake, Vigilante 9.5 NLU 3000 stall, Razors Alky
2012 Reynolds TAI Runner up
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

I have one of his stage 2 units and would would buy another. It took a few weeks to get but was worth it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

STAGE 2 HERE .. INSTALLED AND TUNED BY LONNIE . NOT ONE ISSUE . HE IS GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES