Look Quick?

BarnesGN

Hey Jim I was wondering if you ported your heads and changed the cam in one shot?

Your 208 erson that's a flat tappet cam right?

I know the questions not directed at me but...

I've had very good flowing ported iron heads on a car with the stock cam. If you have any specific question I may be able to share my opinion.

K.

Thanks Jim do you have any plans to dyno it?

Keith I have been wondering how much of a gain performance cams give. 208 cams seem very plentiful for most people. I personally would go roller just for the reason that I'd rather not wipe a cam. But the question really is what does a 210/210 roller give over a stock or a 208 flat cam.
Patrick seems to have done well with his stock setup although he has recently stepped up to using a 1.65 rocker.

If you are not rebuilding your motor and spend $1000 on a nice cam for it to give 15 hp and 10 tq is it worth it? I just have no frame of reference for trying to figure this out.

I have the rear end torn apart and I am waiting for hardened axles to arrive. I am also switching back to 3.42 gears instead of the 3.73.

I can use the dyno anytime at Richard Clark's. :smile:

sam

i made 365 horse power when i dynoed my car @ marks dyno @18-19 psi with the stock cam without the 1.65 roller rockers. I think that adding a set of ported heads will allow you to run less boost to make the sam power. this also helps out the efficienty of the turbo and intercooler due to not have the boost up so high to make decent power.

i have refreshed my engine this weekend and installed a lunati 200/200 cam that advertised @ 426 lift. then add my 1.65 kenne bell roller rockers. i also added a lower ported intake. so i can't wait to get it back it a running again.

pat and sam i need to get with yall,i have got my fittings for my fuel lines and i need yall to show me how you did the block off for the charcole canister for the vent on the fuel pump lines.

Pat,

My car is off the lift!! We replaced the 3.73 with the 3.42 and installed Moser 28 spline hardened axles. I replaced the oil pan gasket and I also had to replace the voltage regulator because it crapped out. I plan on going to Piedmont on the 11th. Care to join me?

Pat,

My car is off the lift!! We replaced the 3.73 with the 3.42 and installed Moser 28 spline hardened axles. I replaced the oil pan gasket and I also had to replace the voltage regulator because it crapped out. I plan on going to Piedmont on the 11th. Care to join me?

I might come out and see what the new motor will do @ 15psi :)

pat and sam i need to get with yall,i have got my fittings for my fuel lines and i need yall to show me how you did the block off for the charcole canister for the vent on the fuel pump lines.

all you need to do is get a vac cap and put over it. then go get a vented gas cap and voila your done. if you have any more questions call me 736-1165

Piedmont

Sunday November 11th

GRUDGE FEST

Open Test-N-Tune from 1-4pm

From 4pm on, all grudge Cars/Bikes will be given one time run and then go into their grudge runs. Gates open at 12, runs at 1. Racing will stop once all grudge runs are finished.

General Admission: 10.00

I think Jim's callin you out Pat.

I do not plan on being there past 4:00. :D

i'll come out but i doubt i do much. thanks for the info on the valve springs jim. i hope to get those swapped out soon and then it will be time to see how the new motor really does :)

I'll probably be at Piedmont this Sunday for the Test and Tune session. I'm looking forward to playing around with my new Powerlogger.

I won't be at Piedmont today because I woke up not feeling well. Hopefully I will go next weekend. Have a good time and don't break anything.

Pat and I are going to T&T. I'll probably get there around 1:00 PM. Hope you feel better Jim and the only thing I hope to break is my own pump gas time.