Looking at a GN tomorrow

13K is right around the appraised value of an original well cared for stock, lo mile 87 GN . My GN with T-tops was appraised (and insured for) 14.5K. I turned down a couple 10K offer on mine and wouldnt sell it a penny under 12K . Racers dont want the T-topped cars so they go for a little less than the hard tops. If its clean and tight and not messed up Ive seen them sell anywhere from 6-18 K . It all depends on the condition and urgency of the seller. The Rear main oil seal leak is very common on these cars, and the t-top gaskets if original would be shot. The power antennas are a common thing and a cheap fix with a nice black stick. If well cared for there would be little or no rust and only usual age related issues. The original bumper fillers tend to fall apart by now and lots of aftermarket replacements available. The window sweeps are probably hard and shot unless they been replaced. Also the headliner may be unglued and loose and the foam dry rotted if the car saw any length of sun through the years. All this stuff is relatively easy inexpensive to fix but makes for barter points. It all depends what you want and how long you want to hunt for a deal. If its clean and presents well, good tires, exhaust is solid and it Drives and shifts well with no issues, In my book 10K would be a fair price, 12K would be around avg for cars that are a bit better condition and 14+ for those extremely well cared for, needs nothing cars. My 87 is original and i like it that way. i have had it for over 20 years and when the weather is good I drive it a lot , commute to work, and hit the cruize nights and keep on top of all the normal wear and tear and age related stuff.:D

13K is right around the appraised value of an original well cared for stock, lo mile 87 GN . My GN with T-tops was appraised (and insured for) 14.5K. I turned down a couple 10K offer on mine and wouldnt sell it a penny under 12K . Racers dont want the T-topped cars so they go for a little less than the hard tops. If its clean and tight and not messed up Ive seen them sell anywhere from 6-18 K . It all depends on the condition and urgency of the seller. The Rear main oil seal leak is very common on these cars, and the t-top gaskets if original would be shot. The power antennas are a common thing and a cheap fix with a nice black stick. If well cared for there would be little or no rust and only usual age related issues. The original bumper fillers tend to fall apart by now and lots of aftermarket replacements available. The window sweeps are probably hard and shot unless they been replaced. Also the headliner may be unglued and loose and the foam dry rotted if the car saw any length of sun through the years. All this stuff is relatively easy inexpensive to fix but makes for barter points. It all depends what you want and how long you want to hunt for a deal. If its clean and presents well, good tires, exhaust is solid and it Drives and shifts well with no issues, In my book 10K would be a fair price, 12K would be around avg for cars that are a bit better condition and 14+ for those extremely well cared for, needs nothing cars. My 87 is original and i like it that way. i have had it for over 20 years and when the weather is good I drive it a lot , commute to work, and hit the cruize nights and keep on top of all the normal wear and tear and age related stuff.:D
Some more great info. The tires would need to be replaced next year and still has original A/C that needs to be redone. His min price is $12500. However, it is one of the better priced ones in the area in this condition.

Some more great info. The tires would need to be replaced next year and still has original A/C that needs to be redone. His min price is $12500. However, it is one of the better priced ones in the area in this condition.

What I do when negotiating is before i even start flapping the gums, I have a top dollar price set in my head and I make a reasonable offer somewhere below that number. Usually the seller will bite or throw a number back at you. You can do the dance untill the seller gives you the walk away price or bottom dollar. Thats when you either take it if that number is at or below your preset top dollar or you walk, but not before giving the seller a phone number/email incase he changes his mind. You would be surprised how many deals i made days/weeks/months after the walkaway and the seller mulls it over and calls begging to take your last offer and that s when you can start dancing again or grab the deal . I got my 87 GN that way- I gave the seller my take or leave it price of 8900 he said no , he needed at least 11K . I shook hands and and walked. At the time the book value was around 12-13K . 1 day later the seller called agreeing to take my offer. I drove off in a 33k mile GN that had been in storage and had been owned by an older gent that kept it 100% original and never flogged it. It was clean and sweet and I drove away with the biggest sh%$ eatting grin of my life. I Still have that car and it still is clean and sweet and it still gives me that grin when I flog it!