Looking for a specific pic

STAGE 2

3rd and long
I tried a very long search but cant seem to find what I need. Does anybody have a pic, up close, of how the wastegate solenoid is mounted and the lines running in that area?

Does this show what you are looking for? I took this Pic of GNX #1 at the HP Nats in Indianapolis last summer. HTH

Attachments

• GNX Hose Routing.jpg
    GNX Hose Routing.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 216
Thats perfect. Now for the 64,000 question. What is that hose attached to the WG solenoid and why doesn't my car have one?

If you have a Grainger style valve setup you would not have a hose to the solenoid.

There should be a hose from the turbo to the valve then from the valve to the wastegate.
The valve is a boost controller.

If your car has an adjustable wastegate actuator and no lines are hooked to the factory wg solenoid, then someone has probably hooked your vacuum line up "Tuner style." Meaning there should be a vacuum line plumbed from the compressor cover on the turbo, straight to the wastegate actuators vacuum port. With no line running to the wg solenoid, boost is being controlled by the length of the wastegate actuators adjustment rod. Typically whenever new turbos were built at PTE and they included the adjustable actuator, the guys would run a hose from the compressor cover, straight to the actuator. At least they used to.
Just a thought.
Patrick