looking for a wastegate? not sure what to look for?

86 got boost

I have an ATR wastegate on there now w/ the 2 bolt oval flanges.
My spring broke in 3 places and she overboosts. Im looking at a 38MM TIAL wastegate, question is what spring to get? I dont understand the whole spring tensions... I do have an adj. boost controller, run boost 20 to 25 max.
thanks, ray

The new Precision piece is great. Several springs for various boost levels and No creep.

I have an ATR wastegate on there now w/ the 2 bolt oval flanges.
My spring broke in 3 places and she overboosts. Im looking at a 38MM TIAL wastegate, question is what spring to get? I dont understand the whole spring tensions... I do have an adj. boost controller, run boost 20 to 25 max.
thanks, ray

I run the 38mm Tial gate on my ATR downpipe. My advice would be to get like 13psi spring. That would give you 13psi with no boost controller, just the spring tension. That way you can run just 93 if you need to. You can always adjust the boost up from there.

Not sure if you saw the post in the parts wanted section, but I have a new set of Champion iron heads if your still looking. I'm just south of Joliet. ;)

Edit: Forgot to mention the 38mm Tial gate is a direct fit for the ATR downpipe. I bought mine from Dennis of Pro Trac Racing in Joliet/Elwood.

Ditto from above. I have a ATR ext gate DP and got the Tial 38MM gate. I think mine is the 1Bar(15lbs) spring. I got mine from Welcome To Extreme PSI They list all of the springs available too on the site. They lised bar and lbs rating when I bought mine.

thank you sweet6, an DC, I did find a set of heads, andI m going w/ the tial 38mm w/ a poss. 10 psi spring.. and thank you for the sight
ray

The "theory" behind which spring to get usually is pick the spring for whatever you want the minimum boost level at. If you think there might be some instances where you could only launch at 8 psi.....get the 8 psi spring. You can only adjust the boost higher than the spring.... never lower. I don't really know when but at some high boost level.....the CO2 assisted boost controllers becomes manditory.... cause the boost is trying to blow the WG open.... and the CO2 pressure will hold it closed I assume.

I have an 11lb spring in my Tial. I set my RJC to around 22-23 psi. It spools instantly and blows open that gate. Boost holds steady.:)